Job Opening at FII: Managing Editor
We are looking for a full-time person, based or willing to move to Delhi, for the post of Managing Editor at FII. This position would require you to handle managerial and editorial tasks of the organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Tracking everyday news related to intersectional feminism (in India and by extension South Asia and Global South), pitching story ideas and writing about the same.
- Keeping a check on the regular writer submissions received through email and WordPress backend.
- Replying and giving feedback to writers and interns, wherever necessary.
- Editing according to FII’s editorial policies and standards and then, publishing.
- Working in coordination with the Editor-in-chief and Content Editor.
- Exploring new avenues of digital storytelling likes digital videos, podcasts, Snapchat, among others.
- Social media handling (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Contribute to other admin tasks and FII’s on-ground events as and when required.
- Weekend, night and holiday work might be required on a case to case basis.
- Editing skills and at least two years of experience at an online publication.
- Understanding FII’s work and its editorial, intersectional feminism and how it functions in the Indian context.
- Writing strong, powerful and emotive content for digital consumption.
- Ability to write a powerful title and find an emotive image to go along with.
- A news junkie and exploring news angles which the traditional media avoids/ignores.
- A sense of ethical journalism, i.e. what kind of language to use, pictures to feature, especially when writing about sensitive issues.
- A knack for social media and motivation to further build FII’s social presence.
- Self-motivated, self-organised, enthusiastic and multi-tasker
How to Apply
- Send your CV at email@example.com
- A cover letter answering the questions below:
– Your experience, interest and availability
– Why do you wish to apply for this post?
– What are some of the changes in terms of strategy and mode of operations that can be made in order to make FII a more amplified, diverse and intersectional feminist voice in India?
3. Current CTC and expected CTC. Remuneration will be based on experience and qualification of the applicant.
Deadline: November 21, 2016
Feminism In India is an award-winning feminist media organisation with intersectional feminism at its core praxis. It aims to learn, educate and develop a feminist consciousness among the youth. It is required to unravel the F-word and demystify all the negativity surrounding it. FII amplifies the voices of women and marginalized communities using tools of art, media, culture, technology and community.
*Feminism in India is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people from marginalized communities to apply.