We are looking for an individual, based out of or willing to move to New Delhi, for the full-time position of Content Editor at FII. This position would require you to handle content and editorial tasks of the organisation and is based out of our office in New Delhi.
Feminism in India is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and will prefer people from marginalized castes, genders, and sexualities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Edit various articles according to FII’s style guide and standards on a daily basis.
- Give constructive feedback to our large pool of writers and interns.
- Plan and execute FII’s editorial in accordance to the editorial policy.
- Work with the campaigns team.
- Work on data-based infographics and pieces.
- Write on issues of intersectional feminism and participate in groups, conferences and events as a FII representative.
- Contribute to other admin tasks and FII’s on-ground events as and when required.
- Weekend, night and holiday work might be required on a case to case basis.
- Understanding FII’s work and its editorial, intersectional feminism and how it functions in the Indian context.
- 0-2 years of previous editorial experience at an online publication preferred.
- Blogging and writing online articles.
- Social media experience, especially Twitter – on a personal and an organisational capacity.
- A critical understanding of gender, caste, sexuality and other marginalised positions.
- A sense of ethical journalism, i.e. what kind of language to use, pictures to feature, especially when writing about sensitive issues.
- A news junkie who is interested in exploring news angles that the traditional media avoids/ignores.
- Initiative-taking abilities to pitch new ideas, think outside the box and innovate when it comes to content and content generation.
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well with the team.
How to Apply
- Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter answering the questions below:
- Your experience, interest and availability
- Why do you wish to apply for this post?
- What are some of the changes in terms of strategy and mode of operations that can be made in order to make FII a more amplified, diverse and intersectional feminist voice in India?
- Current CTC and expected CTC (Remuneration will be based on experience and qualification of the applicant).
Deadline: July 23, 2017
Feminism In India is an award-winning feminist media organisation with intersectional feminism at its core praxis. It aims to learn, educate and develop a feminist consciousness among the youth. It is required to unravel the F-word and demystify all the negativity surrounding it. FII amplifies the voices of women and marginalized communities using tools of art, media, culture, technology and community.