Website The Caravan
As the country’s leading publication devoted to narrative journalism, The Caravan occupies a singular position among Indian magazines. Its stories present a unique mix of detailed reportage and lively and vivid writing, with a commitment to the art of storytelling, whether the subject be politics, culture, business or art.
The Caravan is published by the Delhi Press Group, one of India’s leading publishers. Started in 1939, Delhi Press today publishes 33 magazines in 10 languages.
We are looking for a social-media and audience manager who will spearhead efforts to expand The Caravan’s audiences through social-media and online campaigns, and will take responsibility for The Caravan’s online presence.
- Planning, editing and scheduling social-media content for The Caravan across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and any other social-media platforms
- Leading campaigns to expand The Caravan’s social-media outreach and subscription base, using current content as well as the archives
- Working with the photo and multimedia team to develop exclusive content for The Caravan’s social-media channels
- Analysing The Caravan’s audience and developing strategies to better reach and serve it
- Mining The Caravan’s archives for relevant archival pieces based on domestic and international news cycles.
- Preparing social media posts and threads for dates relevant to The Caravan’s reportage.
- Editing multimedia reports and photographs, and designing templates for social media news updates on Adobe Creative Suite.
- Preparing regular reports on The Caravan’s social-media and audience engagement and using these to bolster campaigns
- Writing and editing newsletters, and managing their delivery
- Engaging with the marketing and administrative teams on driving The Caravan’s campaigns
- Engaging with readers’ and subscribers’ comments and responses
Candidates with experience in journalism are preferred. Knowledge of design and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop is a bonus. Applicants should be familiar with social-media platforms and analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Facebook Creator Studio and HootSuite. They should exhibit sound editorial judgement and an enthusiasm for The Caravan’s commitment to improving the quality of writing and reporting in India. Candidates from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply.
The Caravan’s office is a small shop, and requires team players with a willingness to be flexible. This is a full-time position, for the duration of one year. Night, holiday and weekend work may be required.
Candidates from marginalised social groups are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must submit a résumé; two references, with names and contact information; a 10–15 slide presentation critiquing The Caravan’s current social-media strategy, with recommendations on how to improve it; a 500-word statement describing a strategy to achieve a quantum increase in readers and subscribers; and a cover letter. Please email these materials to the executive editor Dr. Vinod K Jose, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Social-Media and Audience Editor – 2021,” by midnight on 28 June 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.