ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. With an exceptional team from around the world and speaking more than 75 languages, our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values, such as Caring About Each Other, Innovating and Improving, and Making Work Fun, propel us forward together and continuously strengthen our engaging culture. We are in growth mode and are looking to empower passionate and exceptionally talented team members.
We are searching for an experienced and detail-oriented loan officer to join our growing institution. In this position, you will act as a liaison between applicants and our financial institution, helping qualified applicants obtain loans and set up payment plans. Your duties will include meeting with applicants, preparing loan proposals, and examining active loans. The ideal candidate will have experience managing “LAP – Loan against property”. To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
.What you’ll be doing every day:
- Talk to loan applicants to identify their needs and collect information for loan applications.
- Sell loan products and meet loan production targets.
- Perform business development tasks, including managing the pipeline by generating leads and referral business, and maintaining relationships with existing and past clients
- Analyze active loan files on a regular basis, follow up and recommend solutions to speed up the loan process.
- Complete loan contracts and teach clients on policies and regulations.
- Interview applicants to define financial eligibility and establish debt payment plans.
- Monitor and update account records.
- Submit loan applications in a timely manner.
- Respond to applicants’ questions and resolve any loan-related issues.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a similar field is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a loan processing officer.
- Solid understanding of local, state, and federal loan regulations and banking terminologies
- In-depth knowledge of computers and banking software.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service-oriented with exceptional sales skills
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,500 team members based in over 25 countries, who speak more than 75 languages.
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about ApplyBoard, read our Life at ApplyBoard Blog, and be sure to follow us on our LinkedIn page.
- About ApplyBoard : ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 300,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020.
ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and 2021 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
ApplyBoard is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodations or assistance during the recruitment process, please let us know.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.