Website Central Square Foundation
About Central Square Foundation (CSF):
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. CSF has a mission focused on ensuring high-quality foundational learning for all children in India. To achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education to build the capacity of the government to drive systemic impact. To know more about us and our work, visit www.centralsquarefoundation.org.
About the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, and Learning team:
CSF’s endeavour is to transform the school education system in India and advance children’s learning outcomes, especially for those from vulnerable socio-economic backgrounds. The RMEL practice undertakes a range of research and M&E activities to understand the ‘what works’ and ‘why it works’ elements of driving systems improvement and impact. With an aim to generate evidence to strengthen education programs and policy, the team provides technical support to other CSF verticals within CSF as well as oversight on third-party research studies.
The Project Manager, RMEL will serve as a critical enabler for all the team functions and support the team leaders in designing and operationalizing the team strategy. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Contribute to Research Design: Identifying and devising appropriate the research design – spanning quantitative, qualitative, process and action research – taking into account the research objectives, as well as how to operationalise the research
- Support On-Ground Research, M&E, and Data Collection: Including tool development and piloting, key informant interviews, providing support on the execution and management of third-party data collection and research studies
- Undertake Data Analysis and Assimilation: Quantitative and qualitative data analysis, secondary research, synthesis of findings and insights, report writing, and presentation to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide Project Management Support: Support on managing internal and external projects, timelines and deliverables
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong academic background – a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics / statistics / other relevant social science discipline from a reputed institute
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in M&E / public policy research and analysis at a reputed impact development consulting firm, think-tank or implementing agency. Prior understanding of and experience in education policy making, especially in India, will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative research methods and analysis is required. Prior experience with qualitative research techniques, educational assessment, psychometrics/Item Response Theory (IRT) will be an advantage
- Experience of working with Stata / R. Working knowledge of other quantitative (Excel) and qualitative (NVivo, Dedoose) analysis softwares will be an advantage
- Agile in responding to changing demands, balancing multiple priorities, and responsive to communication
- Ability to travel to project and research locations (in tier 2 and 3 towns), and provide primary research support (field visits, interviews), logistics and data collection
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit tcf.kekahire.com.