As Campaigns Manager you will help develop Jhatkaa.org’s work on air pollution and climate change in India systematic and innovative ways, designing and implementing long-term strategies for how Jhatkaa.org can add significant value to the clean air/sustainability movement in the country.
You will have the support of the Campaigns Director, Executive Director and the core team in developing and executing long-term strategies to enable the use of technology innovations that can address issues related to environmental damage, with a focus on air pollution in India.
You will work with a team of passionate campaigners and together ideate and run campaigns that mobilize progressive Indians. You will need to build networks among existing NGOs, social enterprises, citizen movements, media, individuals working in the environmental space, and various other stakeholders like government officials, and work with them to understand how best we can leverage our digital mobilisation and campaigning expertise to create significant real-world impact.
Your national and local campaigns will both respond to current events and proactively advance a progressive environmental agenda by empowering members to pool their voice, vote, donations, and direct all forms of creative participation, (both online and offline) to wherever they can have the greatest impact.
- Bringing strategic direction to Jhatkaa.org’s environment work that incorporates public mobilisation, effective use of digital communication technology, rapid-response campaigning, and media and decision-maker engagement
- Being a key player in Jhatkaa.org’s leadership team that will shape organizational strategies, policies and direction
- Efficiently building and managing a team of campaigners, interns, volunteers and vendors depending on work at hand
- Staying on top of the news cycle, sussing out potential campaigning opportunities and putting together quick research
- Brainstorming creative campaign hooks and social media content, pitching ideas to the team
- Writing up / editing compelling copy and weekly mailers, social media posts
- Testing and optimizing content, and using analytics to make informed decisions
- Creating new partnerships and managing existing partnerships with organizations, decision makers and stakeholders in the air pollution/environment space
- Building relationships with print, digital, audio and television media
- Organising on-ground actions if necessary
We’re looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Sound knowledge of environmental issues in India
- An interest in the clean air/sustainable mobility movement, with a focus on Maharashtra and Karnataka
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- A strong writer and oral communicator – A large part of your work will be writing compelling content to motivate our 2,00,000+ supporters to take action, and speaking with key partners and reporters.
- Self-starter – We’re looking for people who don’t let anything get in the way of achieving individual and organisational objectives.
- Quick learner – You need the ability to synthesize news skills and information quickly, and implement them into your work.
- Data-driven mindset – You should constantly be thinking about relevant data points, analysing what they mean, and how to better integrate them into your work.
- A solid grasp of the political, social, and cultural landscape in India
- Previous experience in environmental advocacy, organising, or campaigning space
This role in Digital Campaigning is unique in India, and that’s why we do not expect you to come with all of the above skills and characteristics. But we expect passion, excitement and motivation about the work you’re doing, team management, and the willingness to learn a lot of new things. We will also provide you with the necessary skills and training to succeed in this role.
Jhatkaa.org has a fast-paced, collaborative work culture. You should be ready to face new challenges at a startup and be completely ego-less.
Fluency in English and at least one other Indian language is needed. Fluency in other languages will be an advantage.
Jhatkaa.org is a digital advocacy organisation committed to help people take action collectively on issues that interest or affect them. We engage citizens to hold leaders accountable in real time at key decision moments through various digital communication platforms in order to create change that would not be possible if they acted alone.
Jhatkaa.org treats its team members in line with its values as an inclusive, progressive, mission-driven organization. Our benefits include flexibility, democratic decision-making, personal and professional growth, and working for a great cause. You are encouraged to apply in order to learn more about the many benefits of joining our team.
Jhatkaa.org is committed to diversity and inclusion and we will consider all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, caste, religion, sexual orientation, age, or physical ability. Women and anyone under-represented in tech are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.