Website Kanyaka Foundation
About the Foundation:
Kanyaka Foundation is a registered not-for-profit organization working in Marathwada, Maharashtra region to address the girl’s education and livelihood challenges. The organization has been working from 2014 towards the upliftment of the marginalized communities and migrants. It was established by professional social workers with the aim to educate every girl child and prepare them to eradicate poverty.
Our team includes people from diverse backgrounds with a passion for working on an inclusive primary education system. The work is strongly aligned with sustainable development goals i.e achievement of gender equality, empowerment of all women and girls, and education for all.
About the Role:
A Content Writer Intern will play an important role in furthering the organization’s vision towards girls’ education, accessibility of menstrual hygiene and eradication of poverty. As a content writer, you will wear multiple hats. From researching to investigating and finally putting out stories/articles on the website, along with publishing it on several media portals.
An intern must devote at least 10 hours a week over a period of three months. Although the position is voluntary in nature, interns will be given an experience certificate and a letter of recommendation on the successful completion of the internship. The organization consists of a small team of volunteers, interns and associates working round the clock, trying to uphold and organise communities even in these tough times.
This opportunity provides an exposure to rural development and to anyone who believes in accessibility to education and sustained development through ground intervention.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support in the creation of newsletters and online campaigns using platforms such as MailChimp/SubStack/Revue
- Gather secondary data/ research on our upcoming projects
- Regular publishing articles/stories; maintaining a blog/vertical
- Assist in design and campaign for campaigns around Inclusive education and Covid relief
- Engage in producing content for forthcoming curriculums
Values, Competencies, and Skills:
- Strong alignment to work towards ensuring quality education for all
- Strong ability to nurture and strengthen relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to continuously learn, research and innovate
- Self-driven, capable of managing one’s self and time
- Creativity and outside-the-box thinking
- Belief in our mission and passion for inclusive education and gender equality
- Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Journalism, Social Sciences. Current students in a related field of study are also encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, Hindi and/or other languages
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
How to Apply?
Deadline: 25 June 2021
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.