Website Museum Of Art & Photography (MAP)
The Museum of Art and Photography (MAP) is looking for an experienced video editor to join its team as part of a major new project on Indian Art. MAP is a dynamic and ambitious organisation committed to building and sustaining a new museum of international standards in south India. Education in art and culture is one of MAP’s key focus areas.
Interested applicants must share MAP’s vision of encouraging and fostering new academic research and improving access to and understanding of the visual arts in India, with a key focus on inclusively building new audiences.
The position requires candidates with appropriate skills to work in a team with research associates and text editors to help conceptualise and create educational videos on Indian Art. This role does not require filming or videography, but involves working closely with images, text, voice-overs and music.
They invite applications from candidates who:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to film or media
- Are experienced in editing videos and inserting sound effects, music, transitions, and graphics, working with relevant software and programmes such as: Adobe Premiere Pro/ Final Cut Pro 7; Audacity / Logic Pro; After Effects, Photoshop, Da Vinci Resolve
- Have strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills, and proficiency in creating concept boards and other visual representations of videos
- Can manage assets and coordinate with voice actors, graphic designers and image managers
- Have an excellent command over written (compositional) English and the ability to carry out script-edits
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and a passion for clear, strong communication
- Have a genuine interest in and knowledge of art and culture, and previous work experience in the field
- Are able to multitask and work on various projects simultaneously
- Are able to collaborate well with others on a team
Applicants must be proactive, driven, able to adhere to deadlines and work seamlessly across levels and teams. They welcome creativity, dedication, excellence and different perspectives from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities.
To apply, please fill in the application form here.
Shortlisted candidates will receive confirmation via email by 4th June, following which they will then be presented with a task and invited for interviews. The role will then commence around late June / July.
They aim for their recruiting processes to be transparent and open, giving everyone an opportunity to apply and for their application to be reviewed by the hiring team. MAP is an equal opportunities employer. They oppose all forms of discrimination and believe that all people,
regardless of their identity or membership of any group deserve to be treated equally, consistently and fairly.
Please write to email@example.com with any queries you may have.
Deadline: 31st May, 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.