Website One Future Collective
One Future Collective is a feminist, youth led not for profit nurturing radical kindness in people, communities and organisations through the work we do on gender justice, feminist leadership and mental health. Our vision is a world built on social justice led by communities of care.
Pathways to change:
- building and disseminating knowledge
- capacity building
- nurturing safe spaces
- community organising and advocacy
- feminist mental health and legal service provision
- youth engagement
About Queer Rights Centre
The Queer Rights Centre (QRC) is a space for supporting young queer leadership while recognizing agency, lived experiences, and building a supportive personal and systemic environment to enable and accelerate their leadership journeys.
Position Title: Senior Program Officer, Queer Rights Centre
Nature: Full time, paid role
They are looking for young individuals who are passionate about queer rights and justice and are looking to work with a young, dynamic and dedicated team. You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a part of the LGBTQIA+ community
- Completed graduation from a university programme in a related field such as development, sociology, law, psychology, or gender studies, or have equivalent work experience.
- Very strong research skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under strict deadlines;
- Ability to use google documents and MS Office with ease;
- Be a strong team player;
- Able to work from a lens of equity, intersectionality and social justice;
- Experience working and/or volunteering at non-for-profits or start-ups would be preferable; and
- Demonstrated expertise in research and facilitation would be an advantage.
About the Role
One Future Collective will continue its operations online until the COVID-19 vaccination is available to all. This is therefore a remote position with consensual, need based travel depending on the circumstances. Post the pandemic, travel may be required for 20% of your time. As the Senior Program Officer for the Queer Rights Center at One Future Collective, you will work closely with the Program Director for the Center along with other senior members of the One Future Collective team.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting thorough research on issues pertaining to queer rights and gender justice and contributing to in-house publications including shareable content, guides, manuals, and research studies;
- Assisting in curriculum design, development and facilitation as part of the leadership programs, courses and workshops offered by the Center;
- Manage external learning and other partnerships with organisations and institutions as relevant to the work carried out by the Center;
- Leading campaigns as relevant to the work of the Center;
- Managing events related to the work of the Center;
- Assisting the overall team on any additional tasks that may arise.
Will be communicated to each candidate that is shortlisted after the first round itself to ensure we move ahead with full transparency.
20th April 2021
How to Apply
Apply by filing this form: http://bit.ly/ofc_hiring.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.