Website Oorvani Foundation
Citizen Matters is a civic media platform with insightful reporting on critical urban issues, ideas and solutions for cities across India. Our local chapters in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai focus on civic journalism and citizen engagement. Our work is supported by Oorvani Foundation (https://oorvani.org/), a non-profit organisation dedicated to empowering citizens through open knowledge platforms for civic engagement and community revitalisation.
We are expanding our team and are looking for enthusiastic committed individuals with a rapid learning curve and an interest in urban and community topics. If the idea of bringing citizens, data and journalism together to make better cities excites you, do apply!
Number of requirements – 2
The Associate Editor is responsible for commissioning, editing and publishing stories at the chapter level. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has a rapid learning curve.
- Handle editorial desk and publishing schedule, keeping to targets
- Commission, review, fact check, proofread, edit and publish content
- Handle layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork)
- Work with analytics, and manage SEO and social media
- Manage thematic projects
- Textual content editing skills (mandatory). Video and audio editing skills would be a plus.
- Excellent command over English. Knowledge of the local language is important too.
- Familiarity with content management systems. Knowledge of SEO (preferred)
- Interest in the civic space, familiarity with Bengaluru / Chennai (based on the location)
- Experience: At least 3+ years of relevant experience
- Education Qualification: Graduate in liberal arts or media. Specialisation in Journalism, Mass Communications would be an added advantage.
Deadline: 20th February, 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Note: We strive to be an equal opportunity organisation with an open and inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, ethnicity, caste, class, language, gender (identity/expression/status), sexual orientation, appearance, disability, age, beliefs or any other basis.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.