Saathi is a manufacturing company that makes eco-friendly hygiene products. Founded by graduates from MIT (US) and Nirma, they are innovators in the use of alternative materials and zero-waste production. Their mission is to create hygiene products that are good for the body, environment, and community.
Their first product, biodegradable sanitary pads made from banana fibre, stands to revolutionize the feminine hygiene sector. Each woman using Saathi pads can save 60kg of pad waste in her lifetime. When women purchase a box of Saathi pads, they subsidize the price of pads sold to women in urban slum and rural areas. They are building an unstoppable team to help us bring Saathi biodegradable pads to women across India, and around the world.
About the Role:
They’re looking for a creative and highly organized individual to join their team as a Communications Specialist/Storyteller. In this role, you’ll work with the team on a range of initiatives including storytelling and content writing for marketing, fundraising and grants. Marketing activities will include product announcements, social media, proposals, blogs, website content, outreach, trend monitoring and more. Storytelling for videos is a plus.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional storyteller, well-versed in content for social media, and comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-pressure environment. They must have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment and can prioritize juggling
multiple projects. Should possess the ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and out-of-the-box ideas. They should be able to work well independently or in a team setting and has strong follow-through.
The Ideal Candidate has strong critical reasoning skills and understands key drivers to their business and how their products work and ties those together in the communication plan. They provide opportunities to:
- Learn, develop new skills, and impact the business in a meaningful way
- Take on new responsibilities
- Contribute to positive social and environmental impact across India and globally.
- Represent the company in various events and initiatives
- Participate in team activities
Job & Responsibilities:
- Experienced and skilled storyteller who helps positively position our brand through writing stories and content for marketing, fundraising and grants.
- Fundraising and grants includes writing the grant content, managing updates to funders, supporters and media regarding milestones and achievements of Saathi and maintaining those relationships, etc.
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative and interesting marketing material, press releases, press kits, promotional collateral for all marketing activities like product announcements, social media, collaborations, proposals, blogs, website content, mailers, outreach, trend monitoring and more. The ability to tell stories via video is an added advantage.
- Maintain company’s media and historical information in an organized manner.
- Create Content for impact: infographics & Workshops etc.
- Creation and timely execution of marketing campaigns and tactics that improve brand awareness and recognition among customers and stakeholders.
- Brainstorming and collaborating with various team members on new ideas and strategies for promotional campaigns that organically gain media attention and working with the marketing team to coordinate deadlines, objectives and schedules.
- Planning and running events/workshops
- Identifying main groups to target (media, press, customers, investors), determine the best way to communicate information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan
- Manages and maintains website needs from design and creation to implementation and continuous monitoring.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and documentation of work;
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related field.
- Experience: 4+ Years of experience in communications, PR, or related field; particularly in a small team setting with a large amount of responsibility. Experience with marketing campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Strong copywriting and content creation skills.
- Proven writing and editing expertise; strong understanding of digital content and distribution channels; comfort and ability to present the Saathi story in internal and external settings; capable of using tools such as Word; PowerPoint; Excel, content management systems and various social media platforms.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.