Slam Out Loud envisions that “Every individual will have a voice that empowers them to change lives.” We use the transformative power of performance and visual arts to help build Creative Confidence (life) skills like communication, critical thinking and empathy in children from disadvantaged communities.
Slam Out Loud’s in-person programs reach 50,000 children across 950 villages and 4 Indian States. Through Arts for All, our program in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, that leverages the power of art and low-tech platforms, we have been able to create a footprint in 19 countries, reaching 4.7 million children.
Slam Out Loud (SOL) is seeking innovative and influential self-starters who are excited by the prospect of contributing to the cause of arts in education. As a Curriculum Associate, your role will involve:
Design and Research:
- Supporting the Curriculum Specialist in continuously building enriching, engaging and relevant curriculum and content to make learning meaningful for children aged 7 to 18 years (across art forms of theatre, storytelling, visual arts poetry, photography, etc.)
- Setting frameworks and parameters for creation, review, and design of the content which are in line with SOL’s vision, identifying best formats to communicate information, analytics and insights to the user
- Researching sub-competencies that will lead to strong learning outcomes across platforms
Implementation and Program Management:
- Researching bright spots and best practices along with the Curriculum Specialist
- Gathering feedback from various stakeholders to improvise the designs
- As appropriate, participating in key projects and strategic initiatives related to technology, outreach and student support
Learning, Developing and Experimenting with SOLmates:
- Mapping content with life relevant skills and identifying progression in skills and mindsets
- The position is a full-time role requiring a commitment of at least 1.5-2 years, based anywhere in India for now but willing to relocate by year end/ early next year, based on the COVID-19 situation. The role will require willingness to travel to different geographies as per need. The Curriculum Associate should be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who enjoys research as well as implementing, strategizing, building relationships, and working closely with the team.
- Your role will involve identifying, exploring, promoting and supporting performance and visual art-based projects that build Creative Confidence in children from disadvantaged communities. You should find joy in redefining what the best ways of looking at building
socio-emotional learning and 21st Century skills in children can look like through focused interventions.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Mindsets, skills and knowledge:
- Exemplify Slam Out Loud’s core values: Awareness, Balance, Growth, Love, and Sense of Possibility
- Ability to organize, prioritize, track, and manage workflow and resources in order to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take decisions with freedom and responsibility
- Skilled in instructional design and designing e-learning pedagogical theories and frameworks
- Ability to develop content for 21st Century and socio-emotional learning skills
- Knowledge of Hindi (Speaking and reading)/local language
- Willingness to learn and proficiency in G Suite and MS Office
Education and Experience
We believe that reaching our vision demands that we have the brightest group of leaders working to lead the movement of arts in education. Here are some preferred qualifications we look for:
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in curriculum or instructional design
- Experience with any of the arts would be an added advantage
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the arts in education movement
- Space to bring your ideas into action in a culture that values purpose over process
- Engagement with a committed family of learners ( the children, artists and team), where we’re bold, professional yet playful, and audacious enough to stretch ourselves every now and then
- A work environment that invests into your personal and professional growth
Compensation: 3.6-4.5L per annum, commensurate with skill and experience
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.