Website The Aangan Trust
Aangan is looking to hire a lead for an exciting assignment on preventing child harm in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. If you are a great communicator, operationally sound, able to inspire and manage a team and budget to meet challenging outcomes to improve children’s safety and protection, then please do talk to us.
To make child protection everyone’s business, so that every child is safe everywhere, everyday.
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets “hotspots” across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are known red light areas, sites of hazardous child labour or are associated with harmful traditions like high rates of child marriage and girl child discrimination. Here we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protection systems that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary
This is an exciting opportunity with the potential to achieve a multi-faceted role which includes,
- Training and building a team’s facilitation and training skills
- Leading and managing a diverse and talented team
- Co-creating and implementing the operational plan and strategic vision for the state
Demonstrating at scale an innovative child harm prevention model and building stakeholder investment
- Communicating internally and externally about project outcomes and child protection
- Maintaining partnerships with District and local level government officials
- The opportunity to significantly impact policy on child protection and prevention of harm
In addition, they will play a critical role in leveraging the power of data to:
- Advocate for broader impact with district/state officials.
- Ensure a balance of progress against quantitative targets as well as high quality and deep work for sustainable impact.
TRAVEL: This role requires some travel for government meetings and team operations, to Mumbai for head office meetings, and other locations as maybe necessary.
III. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Training and Development:
- Ongoing and hands-on training, planning support of team members who are responsible for training and coaching community child protection workers and who also work in close coordination with local government officials.
- Plan and support the delivery of training sessions to community women volunteers, police and other officials and ensure that training objectives are being achieved
- Assist in preparing other team members for meetings by conducting relevant background research, planning meetings, drafting talking points etc.
- Track key policy developments and trends relevant to child protection and our work at all levels of government.
- Leading the state team to implement the project and meet outcomes across the district of Varanasi. This includes managing the implementation of goals for the district that will serve as milestones of progress, as well as budgets for the state
- Building ownership, investment and accountability to the overall vision to be achieved for Varanasi, among team members, community women and key stakeholders and partners including government officials, etc.
- Leading and ensuring quality outcomes within each SHG group
- Training and working with Trainers on training and facilitation skills to ensure smooth and accurate delivery of Aangan’s curriculum and content
- Building and maintaining relationships with key government officials of Police and Home Departments at a district and local level.
- Working in collaboration with government officials, taking action data reports from the community back to authorities to demonstrate the effectiveness and sustainability of project outcomes and goals
- Preparing reports to share with authorities with the aim of communicating key protection issues, actions planned and taken and advocating for government action
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Communication skills so as to deliver a compelling message through oral and written mediums to diverse stakeholders
- Influencing and persuasion skills so as to leverage people and relationships to outcomes
- Relationship-building so as to connect individuals, groups, and partners with shared goals
- Critical thinking and problem solving: ability to action data and ask the right questions
- Ability to multi-task and be resourceful in the face of uncertainty
- Strong project planning and project management skills
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Understanding of the local context and socio-political environment of the state
V. Education and Experience
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years work experience
- Experience managing a team
Female candidates preferred
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: July 5th, 2021
Salary Range: INR 60,000 – 75,000 per month.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.