Website Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Tata Institute of Social Sciences invites applications for a research associate position for a study titled “Documenting Mental Health Practice with Trans Clients in India – a multi-centre, mixed method study.” The broad aim of the study is to study mental health professionals’ perceptions, attitudes and practice with trans clients.
Duration of the Appointment: 4 months
Starting Date: 1st June, 2022
No of positions: 1
- Masters Degree in Psychology (clinical, counseling) or social work (specialization in mental health/ medical and psychiatric social work) from a recognized university with prior research experience.
- The candidate should have proficiency in English and Hindi.
- M.Phil in clinical psychology/ psychiatric social work/ social sciences with a focus on mental health from a recognized university is desirable.
- The candidate should have necessary research skills of data collection, transcription, data entry and analysis.
- You will interview mental health professionals in Delhi and hence need to be comfortable with social interaction and being able to write/record while taking interviews.
The primary tasks of the research assistant will be as follows –
- Data collection
- Transcription of interview data
- Data entry
- Data analysis
- Help in report writing
Project Administration related
- Maintaining vouchers of expenses on the project
- Following up with departments such as accounts and personnel on project reimbursements
The research assistant will be required to travel in the National capital region (NCR) for data collection.
The candidate will be paid a consolidated salary of Rs. 40,000/- per month. Your fieldwork expenses related to travel within the city, will be reimbursed according to TISS norms.
Job Location: Working remotely as well as travel within NCR for data collection as needed.
Kindly send your applications and your Resume via email to the co-investigator, Delhi on the following email id by 14th May, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will receive a response and will be called for an online interview.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.