Website Aangan Trust
The Aangan Trust is on the lookout for an Associate to support our Monitoring and Evaluations vertical formally referred to as the Knowledge and Impact team. We are keen on a smart, innovative, empathetic candidate who is able to build an evidence based connection between data and our programme.
If you are someone that enjoys who believes in evidence supported by hard cold numbers? You take pride in clean and well present quantitative and qualitative data? You have a compulsive need to verify everything from the source? If this is you, please reach out – we can put your obsession to good use!
What you will be doing:
Monitoring, Impact Evaluation and Learning
● M&E plans, processes and frameworks:
- Support with the designing and with implementing of M&E systems that enhance project impact, outcomes, outputs and quality.
- Work with programmes at the inception phase to define M&E plans for each project, log frames, and targets, implement donors’ requirements, create long term plans, etc.
- Ensure effective use and implementation of M&E processes and document gaps and challenges arising at field level
● Data Collection Tools and Impact Evaluation
(Aangan has a wide range of data collection tools including mobile data collection apps for capturing family and child vulnerability, institutions audit tools, etc and we are currently using baseline and end line surveys, group discussions, one-on-one interviews, community participatory tools to evaluate impact)
- Help design effective tools and implement surveys that accurately measure program outcomes and evaluate impact
- Assist with trainings for team on use and implementation of these processes
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Reviewing field level data collection processes to ensure that they are robust and optimal
- Manage Aangan’s data dashboards to facilitate sharing of information for learning for the programme teams
Data analysis, visualization and reporting:
- Ensure Programme teams have a clear understanding of the evidence collected, its interpretation and its application for programmatic implementation and for decision making.
- Undertake analysis of monitoring and impact data to optimise programme impact and for dissemination both internally and externally
- Periodically evaluate the obtained state and national level programme data to identify trends and evaluate the programme’s performance against nationally established standards (e.g SDG goals, national surveys, etc.)
- Identifying data trends for insight analysis
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency working with large and multiple data sets
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and creating dashboards is a must
- Experience conducting research and developing data tools
- Master’s degree or a Post Graduate Diploma in a relevant field (Economics/Statistics)
- 2-3 year’s work experience, preferably in the development sector
- Experience with data management would be useful
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems in the application of research and evaluation methods without extensive structural or operational support.
What we need from you:
- Fluency in English, Bengali and Hindi
- Effective Communication: Simple and clear written and oral communication
- A critical thinking and problem solving approach
- An ability to multi-task
- Openness to learning and using new products
- An ability to take initiative
- Willingness to travel when required
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets ‘hotspots’ across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are sites of hazardous child labour or are associated with harmful traditions like child marriage, trafficking and girl child discrimination. In such locations, we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protection systems that keep children safe.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.