Website The Blue Club
If you are a Dalit Woman / Dalit Queer writer living in India with minimal or no publication experience and…
- If you are passionate about subject areas such as Caste and Gender and willing to learn how to write on these topics.
- If you are an aspiring writer or journalist interested in politics, education, environment, law, and health from an anti-casteist feminist perspective.
- If you are a socially concerned writer still exploring your area of interest.
- If you feel your voice has been muffled by caste-gender majorities and are looking for a community of writers and artists.
- If you are born after 1st July 1992 and must not be more than 30 years of age at the time the Fellowship commences.
- Are currently an Indian national & resident of India.
What are you expected to do during the course of the Fellowship?
- Write a minimum of four articles (two short and two long) for The Blue Club in the topic areas given. The articles can be reports, analytical pieces, advocacy-focused articles, personal essays, or screenplays.
- Participate in 8 Zoom discussions each month with journalists, writers, and other workshop facilitators as determined by TBC. The sessions will be held on weekends only.
- Dedicate solid hours every week to read and write about selected topics.
- Receive mentorship in choosing, writing, editing, and publishing articles from the given topic areas.
- Make great connections within the anti-casteist and feminist-media community.
- Receive Rs.30,000 stipend for the three-month fellowship.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.