Website The North East India Archive
The Research Fellowship is for enthusiastic researchers and media practitioners who have a deep inclination and interest in cinema of the Northeast.
The Northeast India AV Archive in collaboration with the Sasakawa Peace Foundation is looking to take in one researcher from each of the Northeastern states of India – Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. The researcher will carry out the collection of documentary films and other film related material from Northeast India.
- The applicant must be a domicile of one of the Northeastern States of India.
- The applicant must be a graduate in any discipline.
- The applicant must have working knowledge of computer softwares like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Zoom, Google Meet, Google Drive, Google Forms and must have basic knowledge of video formats.
- The applicant must fill in the Google Form provided through the link at the end of this page.
- A statement of purpose should be submitted along with the application form. The statement of purpose should include the applicant’s present knowledge of the documentary films produced in his/her state and how they would go about collecting/cataloging these documentary films.
Note: The decisions made by The Northeast India AV Archive will be final and candidates who do not fulfill the requirements may be declined without explanation.
- Project Requirements:
- It is mandatory for selected candidates to attend an online workshop organised by The Northeast India AV Archive which will be conducted prior to the commencement of the project. It should be noted that failure to attend the workshop will result in rejection of the application.
- The researcher must submit a bi-weekly detailed report through online meetings which will be scheduled for updates on the project.
- The complete collection of documentary films should be submitted after the three-month project.
- A total honorarium of ₹ 60,000 will be provided to each researcher
- An additional allowance for travel and accommodation will also be provided.
- Last date of application – 21st August 2021.
- Shortlisted names of candidates will be announced on 26th August 2021 in the website www.nearchive.in
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an online interview.
- Selected candidates will be notified via phone and email.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.