Website In Old News
Journalists have been breaking news and covering stories using their phones for years, and events like the lockdowns have increased the need for mobile journalism skills. They’re calling journalists from across India to apply for a fellowship to cover stories that you are passionate about, using their mobile phones. They will provide everything from skill development, production support, equipment, and the opportunity to apply for grants to produce and publish these stories.
In this 2-month fellowship by InOld.News and Internews.org, journalists will learn how to make the most of their phones to present stories of people and their interactions with rights, policy, and culture.
The deadline for the first round of applications is 30th April, 2021. Training begins in the second week of May.
If you have any questions about this form or the fellowship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about it.
THE SESSIONS WILL COVER:
- How to shoot documentary interviews on the phone?
- How to edit videos on mobile devices using apps (iOS and Android)?
- How to record good audio and supporting visuals on phones?
- How to tackle digital and physical security for sensitive stories like investigations?
- How to optimise videos for social and search platforms?
- How to use new storytelling formats for reporting?
- Fact-checking and verification.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- You will be supplied with a basic MoJo kit that includes mics and licenses to editing software.
- You will receive one-on-one mentorship from our team of experienced MoJo trainers.
- You will be given the opportunity to apply for a reporting grant to cover a story.
HERE’S WHAT WE WOULD EXPECT FROM YOU:
- A commitment to attend 5 webinars and follow-up sessions.
- A commitment to publish stories using mobile journalism skills learnt during the webinars.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit inold.news.