EngageMedia is once again calling on Asia-Pacific filmmakers documenting environmental issues to apply to the Environmental Impact Lab, which seeks to strengthen the capacity of filmmakers to create impact with their work.
The second round of the Impact Lab will run from June to August 2021. The chosen filmmakers will be part of a three-month online course that includes regular workshops, one-on-one mentorship with three seasoned impact producers, and consistent feedback loops between the EngageMedia team, mentors, and fellow lab participants.
The Impact Lab is grounded on the Video for Change Impact Toolkit, a resource that assists filmmakers in the design and evaluation of the impact happening at every stage of their video initiatives.
Who can apply to the Impact Lab?
They are looking for filmmakers or organisations from the Asia-Pacific that:
- are part of an active video initiative (10 to 40 minutes) tackling environmental issues in the Asia-Pacific;
- are planning or seeking to do impact-related activities (e.g., capacity building, community screenings, campaigns, advocacy, movement building);
- are open to share and learn together with other filmmakers and campaigners from the region;
- are keen to foster and build networks with multiple stakeholders; and,
- are proficient in English.
What should I expect if I am chosen?
Selected lab participants/filmmakers are expected to:
- attend all weekly learning sessions,
- complete the course work; and,
- share their Impact Lab experiences via a blog post and a short video.
Upon completion of the lab, participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Check out our previous blog posts on the first batch’s experiences:
- Exploring impact production at the Impact Lab
- Five key learnings from the ongoing Environmental Impact Lab
How do I apply?
To apply, please fill out and submit the form linked below by 18 April 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit engagemedia.org.