Breakthrough was founded in 1999; with a mission to make violence and discrimination against women and girls unacceptable. Their work is transformative; focused on changing the norms and culture that perpetuate inequity and violence. Breakthrough does this by building a critical mass of change agents worldwide — the Breakthrough Generation — whose bold collective action will deliver irreversible impact on the issue of our time. They create innovative, relevant multimedia campaigns, tools, and programmes that reach individuals and institutions where they are, inspiring and equipping them to build a world in which all people live with dignity, equality, and justice.
They currently work with over 400,000 adolescents across 5 states of India and help shape the gender attitudes and behaviours of boys and girls at an age when alternative narratives about gender roles and stereotypes can be explored. Breakthrough is now seeking to scale up this programme to more than 1 million adolescents across 5 states over the next 4 years.
Breakthrough India is looking to hire a Consultant who would be responsible for content creation for their digital campaigns and for donor communications.
- Ideation and content writing for Breakthrough’s digital fundraising work. (Internal, Digital agency, Partnerships)
- Ideation and content writing for communication material that goes to our donors.
- Ideation and content writing for fundraising events (digital and on-ground)
- Coordination with resource mobilization and media team for all fundraising content work.
- Create engaging content for blogs, articles, social media, and website.
- Edit existing content to improve readability.
- Prepare well-structured long-format articles periodically.
Desired Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Graduation is a must. Post-Graduation will be preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in content creation.
- Understanding of violence against women, gender and human rights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent copy and content writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. They consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Their policies and procedures reflect their commitment to child safeguarding.
Eligible candidates interested in this position may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position, by email to the address mentioned below before 10th August, 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.