Website Rise Up
Rise Up, with funding from the Packard Foundation is launching a fourth cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative – an exciting initiative to advance innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. Rise Up invests in visionary young champions 18 to 29 years old who lead the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) movement now and for the next generation.
Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select visionary young people to join a cohort of 22 Youth Champions from India, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Pakistan, and Louisiana, and Mississippi. YCI’s innovative virtual incubator-style model integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, advocacy, project funding, and technical support to enable the Youth Champions to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHR in their countries. Rise Up will competitively award $12,000 USD grants to participating Youth Champions and their organizations to launch innovative sexual and reproductive health and rights projects they develop during the Incubator.
Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of:
- Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, family planning, innovation and/or related fields
- Ability to participate in an online virtual workshop meeting weekly for two hours between October and December 2021. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including materials and internet costs.
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Support of a registered civil society or nonprofit organization, network, or group
- To be eligible for a grant in association with this project, Rise Up requires organizations to be legally registered in country, be able to receive international funds, and in India to be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). Entities that are not registered can be sponsored by a legally registered entity.
The deadline to submit applications is July 15, 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit riseuptogether.org.