Website Center on Gender Equity and Health, UCSD
The Center on Gender Equity and Health, UCSD conducts innovative multidisciplinary research to understand and eliminate gender inequities in health, and to provide academic and practitioner training toward achievement of these goals. The Center is looking for a Communications Consultant to work on the Center’s flagship project – Evidence-based Measures of Empowerment for Research on Gender Equality (EMERGE).
EMERGE is a one stop-shop for finding measures gender equality and empowerment. The platform is designed as a repository of measures and resources around gender equality and empowerment for researchers and practitioners working on development, program monitoring and evaluation, and for consideration of state or national indicators to monitor progress on UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG). The Communications Consultant is tasked with
- the promotion of the EMERGE website and related products among various audiences and
- building a long-term communications strategy across media centered around rigorous gender data measurement
This position will be under the direction of the EMERGE Primary Investigator and in collaboration with the EMERGE team.
- 3+ years experience in the field of communications for gender/development/policy sectors
- Proven experience writing quality, compelling, and accurate content to help generate visibility for brand, reputation, initiatives and events including demonstrated experience writing for social media and email marketing. Knowledge of content optimization best practices
- Familiarity/experience with a wide variety of software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Illustrator, and WordPress.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics software to analyze detailed statistics regarding web traffic and traffic sources.
- Experience in or working with, research organizations
- Experience translating research into content for a wider audience
- Experience crafting a medium to long term communications strategy for organizations to adapt and implement
- Experience with multiple social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Ability to make timely decisions in fast-paced environment and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Ability to work independently. and at early mornings and late evenings/across time zones
- Develop a monthly communication strategy to promote the use of the EMERGE website and EMERGE products (e.g reports, RFPs, webinars etc) for a period of 6 months to 1 year. This may include, but is not limited to, email outreach, social media, traditional media, conferences, workshops/meetings and infographics.
- Provide day-to-day creation of social media campaigns and community management, writing and content creation, promotions, partnerships, blogger and influencer outreach initiatives, online events, etc.
- Participate on EMERGE’s behalf, in relevant live-tweeting events and/or webinars and presentations that can inform and/or promote EMERGE
- Create monthly social media program status reports detailing key insights, popular content topics, community quotes (verbatims) and monitoring results; work with analytics reports and oversee preparation of metrics, tracking and activity reports as based on project reporting needs.
- Copy edit EMERGE products (e.g. web content, blog posts, reports, briefs, brochures, flyers, etc.)
- Execute the communications strategy, with support from the EMERGE team
- Identify and when appropriate, conduct outreach to media outlets and relevant press contacts who may be interested in gender measurement and EMERGE efforts and products
- Keep up to date on events within the development and gender sectors/academia in order to effectively promote the EMERGE website and products
- Oversee the development of visual design products as needed
- Remain in regular communication with the EMERGE team
- Maintain a consistent voice for EMERGE and adhere to style and messaging guidelines.
Time commitment: 20hr a week, 6 months to start
Please email your CV, with the subject line “EMERGE Communications Consultant” to email@example.com.
Deadline: February 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.