Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. CREA works at community, national, regional, and global levels and is one of the few international feminist organizations based in the global South. CREA focuses on building feminist leadership, strengthening movements, expanding sexual and reproductive freedoms, promoting rights- based approaches to reducing gender-based violence, and advancing the human rights of ‘structurally excluded’ people.
What does life in CREA Mean
We like to think of ourselves as a fearless, interrogative, colorful, edgy, sexy flock of birds flying freely to explore, to imagine and to build freedoms together.
If you are one who is ready to challenge the system when it is needed, you could be one of us.
If you ask questions, are curious, have a hunger for learning, you will thrive at CREA.
Constant learning, sharing of knowledge, is an expectation that team members have from CREA and CREA from team members. It demands our people to be connected, innovative, agile and quick to change.
When you walk into CREA, you need to be prepared for a workplace that produces and demands high quality, is creative, edgy and dynamic.
Overview and Role
CREA wishes to be a place that consistently attracts and retains committed, highly competent, self-driven talent.
Our work and impact is growing and we are now engaged in multiple countries and multiple global platforms, while remaining deeply rooted in the global South. Our talent today, is based out of 7 countries and 3 different time zones.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Programs and Innovations teams on the following:
Lead Communications strategies and activities
- Designs and implements communications activities that advance CREA’s vision, mission, strategic initiatives and programs in creative ways.
- Develops and manages work plans, annual budgets, and staff review/development for the full communications team aligning organization-wide priorities and processes including planning regular check-ins and retreats.
- Builds the capacity of staff and partners in communication and social media to support CREA to achieve program and advocacy goals.
- Leads communication needs for all organizational level events, campaigns, workshops, meetings, conferences etc.
- Responsible for the development of the Annual Report, managing editorial and design of the full report including impact stories.
- Updates and upholds CREA’s visual identity, and commissions work from graphic designs as needed.
- Supports external communications of the Executive Director, including drafting talking points, statements and Op-Eds or articles.
- Works closely with the Resource Development team on the Donor Communications Strategy, supporting copy editing, reporting, and grant writing as needed.
Manages all external channels
- Working closely with programs and Innovations teams the Manager will implements campaigns to amplify CREA’s politics and expand the organization’s reach and impact in social media.
- Implements social media strategy and manages multiple social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Builds media relations and partnerships.
- Maintains editorial calendar and develops compelling content for social media and CREA’s website in close collaboration with key program staff that highlights the impact and uniqueness of CREA’s work.
- Responsible for updates and management of CREA’s website, liaising with tech, server, and web development support.
- Manages and builds CREA’s mailing lists, designing and sending mailers and newsletters.
- Ensures accessibility is centered in all communications planning.
Systems and Reporting
- Manages CREA’s archives, maintaining soft and hard copies of all communication products.
- Identifies gaps and develops CREA communications templates and strategies in response.
- Serves as the focal point for donor communications, reviewing concept notes, reports, newsletters, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes Desired
- Post graduate in the fields of social science, journalism, human rights, international development, business or other relevant field
- Have an understanding of issues relating to feminist politics, human rights, and the sexual and reproductive rights of all people, and a commitment to advancing these rights.
- Have prior experience managing staff, work plans and budgets.
- Have demonstrated experience (8+ years) planning and managing external communications, including updating website content (using content management systems), social media channels, newsletters, and campaigns.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and practice of digital communications best practices.
- Be an excellent writer in English and be able to communicate well with both internal and external audiences. Fluency in Hindi, an official CREA working language, is an asset.
- Be detail oriented and thorough, with an ability to self-motivate and produce high-quality work.
- Be committed to ongoing professional learning and sharing knowledge with CREA staff.
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player and comfortable with working with external consultants, contractors, vendors etc.
- Be comfortable and willing to travel for work.
Salary : $1200 to $3000 per month
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. CREA’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 January 2022. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.