Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. CREA works at community, national, regional, and global levels and is one of the few international feminist organizations based in the global South. CREA focuses on building feminist leadership, strengthening movements, expanding sexual and reproductive freedoms, promoting rights-based approaches to reducing gender-based violence, and advancing the human rights of ‘structurally excluded’ people.
What does life in CREA Mean?
We like to think of ourselves as a fearless, interrogative, colourful, edgy, sexy flock of birds flying freely to explore, to imagine and to build freedoms together. If you are ready to challenge the system when needed, you could be one of us. If you ask questions, are curious, and have a hunger for learning, you will thrive at CREA. Constant learning, sharing of knowledge, is an expectation that team members have from CREA, and CREA from its team members. It demands our people to be connected, innovative, agile and quick to change.
If you embrace the colors of the rainbow and wish to build a world where an individual must have the agency and right to make choices about sexuality, reproduction and human rights, then you will find the room to explore here. Constant learning, sharing of knowledge is an expectation that team members have from CREA, and CREA from team members. At CREA we are constantly looking at finding those pressure points where efforts will yield maximum impact through a widening ripple effect. We are therefore constantly looking at patterns, intersectionality, and the communities at the margins. It demands our people to be connected, innovative, agile, and be quick to change and constantly learn and share.When you walk into CREA, you need to be prepared for a workplace that is of high quality, is creative, edgy, and dynamic.
Overview and Role
Operations at CREA have become and will continue to become increasingly complex. Multiple programs, geographies, multiple partners and sub grantees, multiple donors with different needs, new work and new needs require finding more efficient ways of working and organizing.
Budgets and utilizations, work plans and reviews, early warnings and big red flags have to be a way of working at CREA.
The Coordinator, Operations will:
- Work with the Programs Team (program teams) to prepare program budgets that feed into the organizational budget.
- Also assist in preparing program budgets for new proposals.
- Follow up with partner organizations and ensure that all documents are in order, on time, for submission to the Finance Team.
- Assist the Manager of Operations.
The position works closely with the Program Team and Finance Team and reports to the Manager, Operations.
- Manage preparation and timely submission of budgets, working closely with Manager, Operations and the Program Teams.
- Track the Gantt chart.
- Work with the Finance and Program Team to prepare program budgets for new proposals.
- Follow up with partner organizations and ensure that bills/vouchers/documentation against expenses are in order, and facilitate submissions on time.
- Manage the MIS system to ensure completion of all data entries.
- Ensure that the cloud filing system (NextCloud) is working smoothly and that all files are being uploaded onto the system.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes Desired
- Sound knowledge of program management, budgeting, sub-granting, monitoring and reporting.
- Knowledge of using Gantt charts, project management and other IT enabled tools for workflow management.
- Possesses some knowledge of ground level challenges and issues related to managing programs, monitoring, reporting, budgeting.
- Is personally very organized.
- Good at prioritizing and managing time.
- Uses systems and processes and good interpersonal skills for follow ups.
- Is personally driven and can operate with minimal supervision.
- Is detail oriented and meticulous.
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. CREA’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to email@example.com by 20 June 2021. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.