Overview of the Organization:
Founded in 2000, CREA is an international feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few feminist human rights organizations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, working at community, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA’s work focuses on building feminist leadership, strengthening movements, expanding sexual and reproductive freedoms, promoting rights- based approaches to reducing gender-based violence, and advancing the human rights of structurally excluded people.
Life at CREA:
- We like to think of ourselves as a fearless, interrogative, colorful, edgy, sexy flock of birds flying freely to explore, to imagine and to build freedoms together.
- If you are one who is ready to challenge the system when it is needed, you could be one of us.
- If you believe you wish to build a world where an individual must have the agency and right to make choices about sexuality, reproduction and human rights, then you will find the room to explore here.
- Constant learning, sharing of knowledge, is an expectation that team members have from CREA, and CREA from team members.
CREA is seeking a Program Associate in Delhi. The person will be responsible for tasks related to our Women Gaining Ground (WGG) program while fostering collaborative relationships with partners, stakeholders and other groups.
WGG is a new global South-led consortium of three organizations: CREA, Akili Dada and International Women’s Rights Action Watch Asia Pacific (IWRAW Asia Pacific). WGG builds the capacity and transformative leadership of young women and girls, and women with disabilities, through cross-movement alliances to change norms, attitudes, laws, and policies around the interconnected issues of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and the lack of women’s political empowerment. WGG aims to equip women and girls with the necessary tools and skills to be architects of a society free from violence, and lead political and social transformation to redefine, prevent, and eliminate SGBV.
The Associate will also provide logistic support to the team. The Program Associate will be expected to work closely with the Program Manager and the CREA Programs and Innovation team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support for external relation building
- Attend donor meetings/ events as and when needed.
- Support in preparing all donor submissions, including the annual report and annual workplan.
- Coordination within the WGG Consortium
- Support in conducting bi-weekly consortium calls, maintaining the summary of key discussions and decisions and ensuring follow-up on decisions.
- Maintain a high level of communication and providing support to consortium partners for implementing the planned activities.
- Support in developing an annual calendar of activities to ensure that the overall project is on track and thriving.
- Support partners on different programmatic activities as and when needed.
- Support WGG’s social media and communication plan and strategy for making visible the work of the consortium partners.
- Support in developing a landscape calendar for where and when WGG can be made visible on social media and other spaces.
- Support in developing a co-learning and co-sharing plan for the consortium partners.
- Maintain rigorous documentation of all discussions, key takeaways, decisions for the consortium.
- Follow up on key takeaways and actions to be taken.
- Maintain the documents, files, folders and other resources of the consortium work.
- Take charge of various forms and logistical requirements for travel and in person meetings, in coordination with the operations team, as and when needed.
- Represent CREA in various fora, as and when required.
- Support in preparing presentations, concept notes or write-ups for meetings and consultations.
- Support the Program Manager to prepare Results-Based Management (RBM) submissions, prepare CREA annual report sections, and collect stories of change and other data to show the impact of the program.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Graduate or equivalent degree in the field of public administration, community development, gender studies and/or social or development related studies.
- At least three years of experience in community-based work on sexuality, gender, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and gender-based violence.
- Have an understanding and identify strongly with feminist values.
- Be an excellent writer in English and communicate well with both internal and external audiences.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills
Guiding principles for this work:
Diversity: being inclusive in work and approaches to ensure that the communities CREA works with are engaged, and that conversations, dialogues and priority setting is led by activists and movements.
Accessibility: ensuring that information, communication, spaces, and language are accessible to all without creating barriers.
Complicate: practicing feminist politics of deep inclusion.
- We are committed to provide a working environment where there is constant learning and equal opportunity for all. We co-create an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. Salary range: INR 25000 – 60000 per month depending on qualification and experience.
- 20 days annual leave
- 12 days holiday leaves as per specified in the list of holidays
- 12 days of sick/casual leave
- One week of winter break at the end of the year
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, is committed to diversity in its staffing, and maintains an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. No individual shall be discriminated against because of their actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or sex characteristics. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th August 2022. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in CREA!
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.