Overview of the Organization:
Founded in 2000, CREA is an international feminist human rights organization based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few feminist human rights organizations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, working at community, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA’s work focuses on building feminist leadership, strengthening movements, expanding sexual and reproductive freedoms, promoting rights- based approaches to reducing gender-based violence, and advancing the human rights of structurally excluded people.
Life at CREA:
- We like to think of ourselves as a fearless, interrogative, colorful, edgy, sexy flock of birds flying freely to explore, to imagine and to build freedoms together.
- If you are one who is ready to challenge the system when it is needed, you could be one of us.
- If you believe you wish to build a world where an individual must have the agency and right to make choices about sexuality, reproduction and human rights, then you will find the room to explore here.
- Constant learning, sharing of knowledge, is an expectation that team members have from CREA, and CREA from team members.
CREA is seeking a Program Associate – Meri Panchayat Meri Shakti (India) to work on feminist leadership and movement building for one of our community-based programs in India. The MPMS program builds the capacity and knowledge of Elected Women Representatives (EWR), women’s collectives, and community-based partner organizations on political systems, gender based discrimination, rights and violence, in Uttar Pradesh (UP), Bihar, and Jharkhand.
The Program Associate will work closely with Program Director – Feminist Leadership and Movements and Program Manager – Feminist Leadership and Movements (India), supporting the coordination, documentation and logistics of the program. The Program Associate will support in partnership management, networking, local and state-level advocacy, field visits and community mobilization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination with Partners
- Follow up on and assist local partners and community mobilizers prepare activity plans.
- Conduct day to day correspondence during implementation of planned activities with local partners, and report progress and challenges to Program Manager and Program Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to mentor and handhold partners on different programmatic activities.
- Attend public events of partners.
- Support community-/partner-based training sessions and meetings.
- Participate and help in planning CREA trainings as required and as per annual work plans.
- Mobilize and engage structurally excluded groups CREA works with, including Elected Women Representatives (EWRs) and adolescent girls, for trainings and events.
- Advocacy and Networking
- Support CREA’s advocacy initiatives in UP, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
- Work with different stakeholders and networks as per the program objectives and CREA’s vision/mission.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Support in collecting, consolidating and reviewing data/information from partner organiz
- Support Program Manager in collecting stories of change and other data from the field.
- Fill partner travel reimbursement forms and other documents for meetings and workshops.
- Organize and manage logistics in coordination with the logistics team and local partners for training workshops, campaigns, meetings and consultations, and provide necessary assistance on the same (online and in-person logistics).
- Support documentation of workshops and meetings.
- Send out meeting invite letters, follow up on invitees and prepare resource and meeting folders.
- Community Mobilization
- Represent CREA in various forms, as and when required.
- Prepare drafts of training checklist, handouts or other materials as needed.
- Support the Program Manager in other work, as and when required.
- Any other task assigned by Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Post graduate in social science or a relevant field.
- At least two years of experience in community-based work, preferably on one or more of these issues – feminist leadership, movement building, gender and sexuality, and gender-based violence.
- Have an understanding and identifying with feminist values.
- Be an excellent writer in English and Hindi and communicate well with both internal and external audiences.
- Willing to travel extensively in the three states i.e. UP, Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills.
Guiding principles for this work:
Diversity: being inclusive in work and approaches to ensure that the communities CREA works with are engaged, and that conversations, dialogues and priority setting is led by activists and movements.
Accessibility: ensuring that information, communication, spaces, and language are accessible to all without creating barriers.
Complicate: practicing feminist politics of deep inclusion.
- We are committed to provide a working environment where there is constant learning and equal opportunity for all. We co-create an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. Salary range: INR 25000 – 60000 per month depending on qualification and experience.
- 20 days annual leave
- 12 days holiday leaves as per specified in the list of holidays
- 12 days of sick/casual leave
- One week of winter break at the end of the year
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, is committed to diversity in its staffing, and maintains an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. No individual shall be discriminated against because of their actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital
status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or sex characteristics. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th August 2022. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in CREA!
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.