Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
Please consider these outlined responsibilities and skill-sets required with an opportunistic role that will build cross functionality and be well poised for individual learning, growth and development across sectors and stakeholders.
Dasra is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the NFSSM Alliance Communities of Practice:
Dasra anchors a collaborative platform for WSH – the National Faecal Sludge and Septage Management Alliance (NFSSM Alliance), which was convened in 2016 with support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The Alliance is a group of 30+ sanitation experts in India that build consensus and drive discourse around Faecal Sludge Management and inclusive sanitation to support national, state and city governments. The NFSSM Alliance works in collaboration with government stakeholders like the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, NITI Aayog and the Central Finance Commission.
The Alliance is focused on:
- Designing and amplifying solutions that promote gender equality, diversity and inclusion in access, representation and service delivery of sanitation
- Supporting national, state and city governments towards informing policy and providing on-ground evidence driven recommendations
- Keeping Community Voices and empowerment at the forefront of strategizing and planning for the work of the Alliance and member organizations
Your Role at Dasra
The Dasra Urban Water Hygiene and Sanitation Team plays the role of the field catalyzer to bring together funders, governments, communities and sector experts. Dasra’s aspiration is by 2030, to enable Safe Sanitation and Water for Urban India (~8000 Cities) thereby enabling dignity and equity to our most vulnerable. Dasra is the Secretariat of the NFSSM Alliance and supports the overall functioning of the Alliance by fostering collaboration between 30+ diverse expert organizations focused on creating policy recommendations and collaborative action towards safe and sustainable human waste management in India. We work with our network of partners in over 19 states to develop policy recommendations, support governments through evidence and best practices and funnel up voices of communities, with a focus on Gender and Inclusivity, Municipal Strengthening, Technology and Innovation and Changing the Narrative
The Associate will provide support in driving Dasra’s communication efforts in Urban Sanitation workstream. S/he be directly involved in the implementation of campaign plans and communication strategies under the instruction of the project managers driving respective initiatives. The Associate will also work with external stakeholders to further Dasra’s campaign and communications goals.
- Program implementation: Provide support with respect to delivering campaigns and communications strategies aligned with the field goals and objectives. Contribute towards implementing creative strategies, curate thought leadership content, management of communication platforms like social media, media, and contribute towards creating communication collaterals like videos, websites, infographics etc
- Research: Conduct research to understand latest happenings in the fields as well as in the domain of communications for impact to be able to create effective strategies. Research and analyze a wide range of specialized material on campaign issues and strategies. May be required to do media work.
- Stakeholder Management: Maintain active liaison with key stakeholders in specific campaign issue(s).
- Project Management Support: Support with creating project reports and proposals as well as monitor budgets and grants with all stakeholders
- Graduate with 2-5 years of work experience in the development space, advisory, research & analytics, business processes, operations etc.
- Written & Communication skills: Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Project Management: Achieves project deliverables within deadline, effectively manages own time and identifies conflicts/roadblocks with some support and guidance.
- Research & Data Analytics: Frames sharp research questions, collects relevant and accurate information/data from credible sources.
- Stakeholder Management: Understands the expectations of internal and external stakeholders and works to develop relationships towards a single goal/ project/ deliverable.
- Passion for the development sector and the communities we serve is a must.
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love the opportunity to determine whether you could be a great fit.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.