Website Detention Solidarity Network
Gaon Savera, Rural Studies Centre and Detention Solidarity Network are collecting, compiling, and analysing legal and news media materials on arrests and detention in connection with the Farmer’s Protest 2020 in the State of Haryana. For this project, we are recruiting 5 law students for an online internship for August 16th to September 16th, 2021.
The interns will assist in collecting, storing, and analysing FIR data for a quantitative study of the criminal justice system and procedures in the state of Haryana. Through the month-long program, interns will receive training on the basics of quantitative data collection, reading and analysing FIRs, and gain a critical lens to understand policing, the state of the criminal justice system in India, and the importance of archiving and documenting rights violations. The vision and scope of the project will be introduced in the first week of the internship program to selected interns.
- 4th or 5th year law student (of 5 year LL.B. program) or final year student (of 3 year LLB. program)
- Languages: Hindi (mandatory), English (mandatory), Punjabi (recommended)
- Basic knowledge of how to track, read and analyse an FIR and relevant provisions of the CrPC is desirable but not mandatory
- Remuneration: Rs. 2,000, paid at the end of the internship
- Internship period: 16 August to 16 September with scope for extension.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Dalit, Adivasi, Bahujan, Vimukta, those from rural backgrounds, transgender persons and/or women
Application Deadline: 8th August, 2021 (Sunday) by 11:59 pm IST
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a short call between 10th-14th August, 2021. The internship will begin on 16th August, 2021. All applicants will hear back from us by 16th August, 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.