Website Feminist Approach To Technology
Scope of Work
- Work with the other Coaches to streamline all FAT’s training material and curriculums including STEM education appropriately in each program.
- Provide guidance and coaching to build the team’s capacity in all STEM education-related work at FAT and provide training in the field as and when required.
- Be accountable for strategy building, program implementation, quality monitoring, problem solving, fundraising, and future strategy building for the Girls in STEM program while Coaching all Champions working in the program.
- Support Champion to execute the pilot model of Girls’ MakerSpace.
- As per FAT’s overall work and Girls in STEM purpose, the Coach will work with a team to build their capacity in partnership with the other organizations for resource and skills sharing.
- Work with the entire team in collective decision making and building and maintaining healthy feminist culture at FAT
- Working with Champions and Coaches to strategize at an organization level to further FAT’s mission.
- Prior experience working in the area of STEM Education (experience of working with marginalized communities would be added advantage)
- Skills to establish new MakerSpaces
- Previous experience of working with children between the age of 8 to 14 years
- Strong understanding and a feminist perspective on co-relation between Gender and STEM
- A variety of hands-on skills in STEM areas.
- Project management skills- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Good skills in report writing and proposal development
Our work is with children and young women who mainly speak Hindi. The Coach should be able to communicate in Hindi effectively to work with our participants and team members besides being fluent in English.
Full time engagement on a consultant contract (40 hours in 5 working days).
- Willing to associate long term with FAT
- Willing to travel and able to stay long in FAT’s project location
- Flexibility in working from home, but available in the field (if needed)
We have two roles available in FAT:
- As an Assistant Coach for candidates with less coaching experience in a consultant contract at INR 80,000/Per month (TDS will be deducted)
- As a Coach for candidates with required coaching experience in a consultancy contract at INR 1 lakh/Per month (TDS will be deducted)
Depending upon the suitability of the candidate for the role, they will be first offered a short term contract of 3 months as an Assistant Coach. On successful completion of the trial period, the contract will be reviewed for 1 year as a Coach. The trial period may be extended as per mutual agreement if required.
How to Apply
- “Application for STEM Coach” in the subject line
- A cover letter with a short note on your achievements
- An updated CV with three references, your last drawn salary (annual) and expected salary
- Note of purpose (why would you want to apply for this position?) and the period of association with us
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit fat-net.org.