Website India Justice Report
Scope of Work:
The Collective requires the services of a Lead Researcher. The Researcher will work within a small core team including the project lead, a data agency, a statistical officer and the convenor. She/he will be required to work closely with partner organisations and advisors to the project. She/he will be responsible for leading all aspects of the research required for the report. This involves statistical analysis related to the pillars of the justice system, preparation of research questions and briefs, identifying sources of information, scanning for new developments policies and implementing measures in each pillar, sifting information and preparing it for inclusion in the report.
In particular, the Lead Researcher will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Identifying and reviewing new developments, literature and legislations relevant to the Report throughout the period leading up to publication;
- Contributing substantial inputs to development of research questions and project notes for the duration of the project;
- Providing assistance in coordinating with the research sub-teams to meet project timelines;
- Identifying areas for improvement and developing new methodologies to meet targets;
- Tracking project progress periodically and reporting the same to the management;
- Tracking key milestones in the creation, review, approval and dissemination of research products;
- Coordinating and recording meetings between research partners to meet key deadlines and ensure progress of the project;
- Assisting the core team in all advocacy-related activities relating to previous reports including coordination of meetings, webinars, trainings, etc.;
- Any other work required by the team.
The Lead Researcher will be expected to provide the following:
- Assistance in the preparation of 4 pillar-wise data spreadsheets and related collaterals;
- Editorial support for at least 4 essays within the India Justice Report in addition to other written texts;
- Assistance with the identification of at least 10 new indicators and data sources;
- Preparation of at least 10 research briefs on the performance of key states;
- Preparation of monthly milestone/progress charts and sharing this with the Project Manager and the Chief Editor.
- Comprehensive knowledge of research methods.
- Computer software proficiency in use of statistical software like Excel, SPSS etc. with proficiency in statistical analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience required: 2 to 4 years
Salary: Rs. 60,000/ month
Applicants are required to submit an updated resume along with two references and a piece of original writing, not more than 500 words. Please submit your full application to email@example.com under the subject line Application for Lead Researcher.
Deadline for application submission is 15th October, 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.