Website Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF)
Where will you work?
The Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF) is a three year young, impact focused non-profit organisation. It is born out of the largest online movement at its time — SaveTheIntenet.in – that fought and won the battle for net neutrality. Today, with a staff size of 8 it is securing digital rights for all Indians. We are guided by the values of the Constitution of India.
Why should you apply?
IFF is different. We are a team of high performers who combine the innovation of a modern startup with the clear, principle based values of social impact. Such inspired thinking is implemented in a highly collaborative environment of high performers. We practice accelerated learning, great levels of self-ownership and workplace empathy. You will through the course of your employment enjoy your work, improve your skills and hopefully set a solid foundation for leadership in community oriented, digital fundraising. We promise you will get to build a healthy network by interacting with leaders from diverse fields who form part of the IFF community and are helping it grow!
Are you up to the challenge?
Fundraising is hard, but we have approached it with a sense of community. This requires two key elements.
- First a passion for fundraising and taking our modern, online fundraising systems to the next level of operational maturity. Today, IFF is a domestically funded non-profit with innovative streams of donations through membership plans, matching donors and fundraising drives. Working with tech volunteers we have successfully implemented and shared technical systems that simplify our fundraising flows.
- Any fundraising needs to premised on an honest articulation of IFF’s values, impact and transparency. Here, you will have the opportunity to closely view how policy and legal advocacy work is shaped by programme staff and then you will work towards communicating it effectively to our donor base. This requires the ability to accelerate — have speed and agility — but also hold back and practice humility and generosity towards collaborators in civil society.
While we do not expect applicants to come with these skills, we hope to encourage a passionate individual that reports to our Fundraising Manager and is able to enjoy the thrill of enabling and funding IFF’s work! We have tried to detail the key responsibilities in the next section. This will give you a fairly good view of your operational duties.
- Support IFF’s digital fundraising strategies:
- Complement the organisation’s existing fundraising goals by driving and executing a targeted strategy to maximize annual revenue through promotion of the organisation’s mission and values and migrating donors up the ladder of engagement.
- Liaise with the Fundraising Manager to ensure the organisation’s financial sustainability through careful strategy, realistic fundraising targets and coordinating fundraisers hosted by supporters.
- Get creative, develop and implement strategies to activate fundraisers/campaigns, including writing copy, designing landing pages and highlighting successful fundraisers, and more.
- Research relevant grant making bodies, building relationships and supporting to develop compelling funding proposals and applications.
- Support Internet Freedom Foundation’s donor engagement and communication efforts:
- Collaborate with the Communications team to manage the digital tools needed to create tailored messaging to segmented audiences through various channels based on several identifying factors to acquire new individual donors and cultivate and retain our growing base of recurring donors.
- Integrate and create regular donor and member communications including quarterly calls, and social media calls for support.
- Support the Fundraising Manager with community support communications.
- Lead the management of donor data and records:
- Maintaining records of donors and grants, generating reports, exports and any other data transfer as needed.
- Implementing software integrations, managing payment processing systems and supporting in analysing the trends.
- Masters or undergraduate degree in communication/non profit management is advantageous but isn’t a prerequisite to apply. You have experience with the core fundraising and communications activities outlined above, with at least 1 year of relevant social sector/development experience. Grant writing experience is a plus.
- You can write great copy, are a compelling writer, editor and communicator with the ability to distill complex topics.
- You are comfortable in design and digital communications platforms.
- You have the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders, including senior leadership, members and donors.
- You have excellent time-management skills and have demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and competing priorities to meet deadlines.
How to apply?
If you think you’re a good fit for this position and want to work to develop a young bootstrapped non profit organisation’s digital fundraising program, please apply! We favour candidates who are available to start in this position as soon as possible. All applications should include: a resume and brief cover letter (this is important!) explaining your vision, your interests, core capacities and skills for this position.
This is a full-time position. Given the current situation with COVID-19 across India, this position will initially be remote in which you will report to the Fundraising Manager. Salary will be commensurate with market standards of non-profit organisations and linked to performance and growth of the organisation. This is an immediate staffing need and we will be considering all applicants on a rolling basis.
Internet Freedom Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. We recognize diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing our mission and view diversity as encompassing differences in race, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, education, age and geographic location.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit internet-freedom-foundation.breezy.hr.