Website Connecting Dreams Foundation (CDF)
The Position :
At CDF, we aim to share the stories of our Changemakers with the world, highlighting their achievements and willpower to bring change in the society. CDF is expanding its Advocacy, Research and Communications department (“ARC”) to accelerate changemaking among youth who in turn can solve the community-centric challenges and help achieve the 2030 SDG Agenda.
Working closely with the other departments and reporting to the Head, the Manager – ARC will help to manage a broad range of efforts focused on furthering CDF’s advocacy goals, including research projects, stakeholder outreach, project management and community engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about sustainability and change making, has at least 2-3 years of relevant experience in social policy making and/or advocating for social issues, including conceptualizing and implementing community campaigns for social change.
Advocacy and Research
The Manager, ARC will work with the leadership team to:
- Implement sound, robust, and effective advocacy strategies, work plans, and departmental budgets for CDF
- Build strong relationships with selected programs and support them on specific policy and advocacy initiatives.
- Media interactions around events, reports released by CDF and media interactions around Policy Advocacy.
- Assisting the leadership team with Advocacy initiatives including but not limited to Youth for sustainable development, Generation C magazine and portal building.
- Media and influencer sourcing for bringing promoting CDF’s changemakers and fellowships.
- Taking the initiative with projects from changemaker labs and other programs as required
- Actively engage in the interpretation of research results, including framing research reports, policy papers, and other programme deliverables
- Lead knowledge development and data management for key program areas.
Outreach and Networking
Work closely with leadership team to:
- Identify and network with partner organisations, including other civil society organisations
- Organise and participate in public/community events to further CDF’s advocacy goals
- Represent CDF to stakeholders and the general public
Preferred Candidate Profile
- Indian Citizen/Permanent Resident with university degree in social sciences, law, public policy, or other relevant field.
- Working familiarity with local legislative frameworks
- Experience working with and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Prior experience with policy analysis, public presentations, communications and community engagement.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate and build alliances.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work on a wide variety of policy issues.
- Has supervised teams in a way that is consistent with CDF’s mission, vision and values; able to attract, engage, develop and retain the right staff in the right roles.
- Technologically savvy, well-versed in information systems and data management; able to leverage innovative tools and technologies. Ideally experienced in digital marketing.
- Collaborative, energetic, self-motivated and personable with sound judgment, strong organisational and problem-solving skills and a positive, forward-thinking mindset.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.