Website One Future Collective
One Future Collective is a feminist, youth led not for profit nurturing radical kindness in people, communities and organisations through the work we do on gender justice, feminist leadership and mental health. Our vision is a world built on social justice led by communities of care.
Pathways to change:
- building and disseminating knowledge
- capacity building
- nurturing safe spaces
- community organising and advocacy
- feminist mental health and legal service provision
- youth engagement
About the FemJustice Center
The FemJustice Centre is a space where the process of seeking justice can be a transformative tool to combat gender-based crimes, while also recognising the survivor-client’s agency, lived reality and desires for justice. The Centre works to improve existing systems and create new alternative pathways so that survivors can access justice that is healing and empowering.
- Knowledge and Advocacy
- FemJustice Helpline
- Nurturing Safe Spaces
About the FemJustice Helpline
FemJustice Helpline is a place where anyone across India that has or knows someone who has suffered gender-based violence can access preliminary legal and mental health advice by calling +919019548792.
- The helpline is open 12-4pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Anyone with a query on cases of gender-based violence – including domestic violence, sexual violence, sexual harassment, acid attacks, other grievious injury, forced marriages, online violence, rape – can call the helpline for preliminary legal advice.
- The helpline is open to women, non-binary, transgender and queer individuals who are above the age of 18 years.
Position Title: Senior Program Officer, FemJustice Centre
Nature: Full time, paid role
They are looking for young individuals who are passionate about solving for the issue of gender based violence and are looking to work with a young, dynamic and dedicated team. You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed graduation from a university programme in a related field such as politics, law, psychology, gender studies or international development, or have equivalent work experience.
- Very strong research skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under strict deadlines;
- Ability to use google documents and MS Office with ease;
- Be a strong team player;
- Able to work from a lens of equity, intersectionality and social justice;
- Experience working and/or volunteering at non-for-profits or start-ups would be preferable; and
- Demonstrated expertise in research and facilitation would be an advantage.
About the Role
One Future Collective will continue its operations online until the COVID-19 vaccination is available to all. This is therefore a remote position with consensual, need based travel depending on the circumstances. Post the pandemic, travel may be required for 20% of your time. As the Senior Program Officer for the FemJustice Center at One Future Collective, you will work closely with the Program Director for the Center along with other senior members of the One Future Collective team.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting thorough research on issues pertaining to gender justice, justice and the law and related topics, and contributing to in-house publications including shareable content, guides, manuals, and research studies;
- Managing the FemJustice Helpline and offering quality, well-researched preliminary legal and mental health assistance to survivors of gender based violence;
- Assisting in curriculum design, development and facilitation as part of the leadership programs, courses and workshops offered by the Center;
- Managing external learning and other partnerships with organisations and institutions as relevant to the work carried out by the Center;
- Leading campaigns as relevant to the work of the Center;
- Managing events related to the work of the Center;
- Assisting the overall team on any additional tasks that may arise.
Will be communicated to each candidate that is shortlisted after the first round itself to ensure we move ahead with full transparency.
20th April 2021
How to Apply
Apply by filing this form: http://bit.ly/ofc_hiring.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.