Website Point of View (POV)
Point of View is a non-profit founded in Mumbai, India in 1996 to build and amplify the voices of women and marginalised genders. We are a fast-growing pan-India non-profit recognised for running high-quality, impactful programs on ground and online. We currently work across three program areas:
- Gender, sexuality and technology
- Gender, sexuality and disability
- Digital storytelling
We’re looking for a dynamic, self-motivated key team member to join our rapidly-growing Gender, Sexuality and Technology program and co-lead projects in the ‘Queer and Digital’ portfolio. She/They will work with queer persons and activists on digital resilience, skills and capacity building through a feminist lens in this grassroots-to-global program.
What We’re Looking For
- A solid understanding of gender, sexuality, digital technology and how they intersect
- A solid understanding of the sensitivities surrounding queer identities and queer persons’ specific needs and realities
- A proactive self-starter, with proven organizing abilities to independently and effectively work on project elements within deadlines. This includes strong self-management skills
- An ability to consistently produce high-quality work and outputs
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills across multiple constituencies, including low-income communities (Indian language skills matter)
- Someone who is detail oriented, flexible, eager to take initiative, and collaborates well with a dynamic semi-remote team.
To begin with, you will primarily anchor two projects in the Gender, Sexuality and Technology program:
- A digital resilience, skill and capacity building project with queer activists from low-income communities across India that will virtually train them on a broad spectrum of digital rights, digital security, and digital literacy issues, including privacy and security, safety and sexual expression online, and the creation of resilient and safe digital support networks.
- A project that will train queer activists in South Asia on co-creating new media strategies and digital advocacy tools; enhance their digital media, communication & tech skills; and strengthen online and offline communications and organizational strategies that are accessible, secure, and relevant.
You will be responsible for successfully anchoring the whole arc of projects from start to finish, including co-designing, implementation and reporting. You will be supported by other team members in the program and the finance teams.
Work Experience: 5-7 years
Location: Remote. Candidates can be based anywhere in India, but need to be available for regular communication and have access to a reliable high-speed Internet connection.
Salary: This is a full-time position. We offer competitive remuneration within the non-profit sector.
Reporting to: Program Lead
Start date: 15 February 2022, negotiable
Interested candidates should send a resume, references, salary history and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com by 31 January 2022.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Applicants who best match position needs will be contacted.
Point of View is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to building an organisation that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. Preference will be given to women, trans, non-binary persons.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.