Website Point of View (POV)
Point of View is a non-profit founded in Mumbai, India in 1996 to build and amplify the voices of women and marginalised genders. We are a fast-growing pan-India non-profit recognised for running high-quality, impactful programs on ground and online. We work at the intersection of gender, sexuality and technology to counter the silencing of marginalised genders and their experiences.
POV is known for its excellence in communications – this has been part of our program DNA since our inception. We now seek an enthusiastic, hands-on Social Media Specialist to join our team. She/they will maximise impact of our social media communications for all our programs.
What you must have
- Experience in creating social media strategies to project a specific brand image as well as achieve high visibility and engagement
- Hands-on experience in managing all common social media platforms (especially Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) targeted at consumers, in India and internationally
- Ability to plan and execute organic and paid campaigns and measure impact using relevant tools
- Ability to create social media content in multiple formats, including text, graphics, video and audio
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate in accessible, jargon-free English
- Knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in social media
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong understanding of gender and sexuality rights
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Set POV’s social media strategy in line with organizational and programmatic goals
- Plan and execute POV’s social media calendar
- Work with the program teams to develop content and stories in multiple formats
- Manage external designers, video editors and other freelancers/consultants to get content created
- Report on social media results
Work experience: At least 3 years
Salary: This is a full-time position. We offer competitive remuneration within the non-profit sector.
Reporting to: Strategic Communications Lead
Start date: 7 Feb 2022, negotiable
Interested candidates should send a resume, references, salary history and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 January 2022.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Applicants who best match position needs will be contacted.
Point of View is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to building an organisation that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. Preference will be given to women, trans, non-binary persons.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.