Website Point of View
Point of View is a Mumbai-based non-profit that strengthens and amplifies the voices of women and persons of other marginalised genders. We remove barriers to voice, speech and expression using the tools of technology, media, art, and culture, and our work is a combination of the digital and the on-ground. Through one of our programs, Sexuality, Gender and Technology, we equip women, girls, queer and trans persons across various sections of society to freely inhabit digital domains.
You will be training young grassroots community activists and queer persons from Gujarat, all of whom are Hindi/ Gujarati-speaking, in a series of online workshops on 1) building their knowledge on digital literacy, rights, and security; and 2) building skills and capacities related to navigating and using mobile phones and digital technology as per their needs and local realities.
Essential Candidate Skills
- Excellent Hindi-speaking and communication skills. Ability to speak and communicate in Gujarati will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work patiently with a mixed group of participants at varying digital literacy and skill levels from grassroots communities in an entirely online environment.
- Ability to present and incorporate creative ideas in the virtual workshops and make them interactive and interesting.
- Interest in and ability to develop training methodologies — including presentations in Hindi and English, a combination of lecture + interaction, etc. — based on the curriculum and content that Point of View will provide for the training sessions.
- Deep interest in and knowledge of gender, digital security, and digital technology in the Indian context.
- Candidates with work experience in a similar or related area of work preferred.
- Since some of our participants are young activists, a young trainer is preferred.
Job Location: Virtual
2 virtual training sessions a month — 1.5–2 hours each — from August 2021 to January 2022
Start date: Immediate
Application requirements and deadlines
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 July 2021:
- An updated resume or CV.
- A cover letter of no more than one page explaining why you are the ideal candidate. Tell us everything we can’t get from the CV — your motivations, strengths, limitations, and passions, and why this job is of interest to you at this point in time.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.