Website Research Triangle Institute
RTI is hiring a Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor on the recently awarded USAID-funded Task Order Technical Support for South Asia Regional Energy Partnership (SAREP) activity. The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor is responsible for ensuring that gender and social inclusion-related issues are incorporated as appropriate across the project, from planning of policy reform to interventions under the SAREP activity. This position will be based in New Delhi, India
- Provide technical leadership and oversight, and integration of GESI approaches across all program activities.
- Support the integration of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) activities in the work plan and support partners in mainstreaming GESI in their policies, practices, and activities.
- Lead the design of gender-sensitive activities and GESI-specific tools in work planning to promote gender equity in project implementation.
- Support and collaborate with the technical team on integrating GESI activities in technical assistance, capacity development, and pilot projects under SAREP.
- Provide inputs to SAREP grantees in India and the South Asia region to ensure that GESI considerations are integrated in their program and project design and implementation.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluations team to ensure that gender and social inclusion issues are reflected in the M&E plan, framework, and reports to assess whether the GESI objectives are being met.
- Work closely with project staff to build their understanding of GESI issues.
- Conduct training and develop and/or adapt training content on gender methodologies for partner organizations and support them in mainstreaming gender in their policies, management systems, and programs.
- Lead gender and social inclusion audits across different organizations. Including conducting desk review, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, coordination with all stakeholders and report writing.
- Network and coordinate gender program strategies as appropriate with partner organizations
- Master’s degree in gender studies, social development, psychology, political science, or related field with at least 10-13 years of work experience and 3 years of relevant experience (GESI); or bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years.
- Prior experience designing and implementing gender and social inclusion plans for projects in SE Asia. USAID or other donor funded experience preferred.
- Prior experience conducting gender audits in organizations. ILO-PGA certified preferred.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, community groups, and other program partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, guide, and implement work with demonstrated experience in mainstreaming GESI.
- Nuanced understanding of the challenges faced by women and other marginalized groups in India and preferably also in, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Experience providing training on gender and social inclusion related issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to speak local dialect(s) preferred
Interested candidates can share resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please click here.
To advertise your job, internship or any other academic or professional opportunities on FII’s Jobs and Opportunities Board, email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com.