Website Research Triangle Institute
RTI International is seeking a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Lead for Reducing Plastics for a Cleaner Environment in India (inREPLACE). The GESI Lead will be responsible for ensuring that gender-related issues are incorporated as appropriate across the project, from planning of policy reform to interventions under the inREPLACE activity.
This position will report to the Chief of Party and will be based in New Delhi, India.
Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- Support the integration of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) activities in the work plan and support partners in mainstreaming GESI in their policies, practices, and activities.
- Lead the design of gender-sensitive activities and GESI-specific tools in work planning to promote gender equity in project implementation.
- Support and collaborate with the technical team on integrating GESI activities in technical assistance, capacity development, and pilot projects.
- Provide inputs to local partners and grantees to ensure that GESI considerations are integrated in their program and project design and implementation.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluations team to ensure that gender issues are reflected in the M&E plan, framework, and reports to assess whether the gender objects are being met.
- Conduct training on gender methodologies for partner organizations and support them in mainstreaming gender in their policies, management systems, and programs.
- Network and coordinate gender program strategies as appropriate with partner organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience, Master’s degree and 10 years of experience, PhD and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years’ substantive experience working with and understanding the challenges faced by women and other marginalized groups in India. Demonstrated experience providing training on gender and social inclusion related issues.
- Prior experience working on donor funded, particularly USAID-projects preferred.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, community groups, and other program partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, guide, and implement work with demonstrated experience in mainstreaming GESI.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work throughout India.
- Proficiency in English is required.
For more information, please click here.
To advertise your job, internship or any other academic or professional opportunities on FII’s Jobs and Opportunities Board, email us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com.