Website RTI International
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
RTI India is hiring a Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor on the recently awarded USAID-funded South Asia Regional Energy Project.
Responsibilities of the Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Support the integration of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) activities in the work plan and support partners in mainstreaming GESI in their policies, practices, and activities.
- Lead the design of gender-sensitive activities and GESI-specific tools in work planning to promote gender equity in project implementation.
- Support and collaborate with the technical team on integrating GESI activities in technical assistance, capacity development, and pilot projects under SAREP.
- Provide inputs to SAREP grantees in India and the South Asia region to ensure that GESI considerations are integrated in their program and project design and implementation.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluations team to ensure that gender issues are reflected in the M&E plan, framework, and reports to assess whether the gender objects are being met.
- Conduct training on gender methodologies for partner organizations and support them in mainstreaming gender in their policies, management systems, and programs.
- Network and coordinate gender program strategies as appropriate with partner organizations.
- Master’s degree in gender studies, social development, psychology, political science, or related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience; or bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years.
- Prior experience working on donor funded, particularly USAID-projects preferred.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, community groups, and other program partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, guide, and implement work with demonstrated experience in mainstreaming GESI.
- Nuanced understanding of the challenges faced by women and other marginalized groups in India and preferably also in, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Experience providing training on gender and social inclusion related issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to speak local dialect(s) preferred.
For more information and detailed job descriptions, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.