Website South Asia Women Foundation India (SAWF IN)
South Asia Women Foundation India, SAWF IN is a national women’s fund of India. We were set up with the vision of building a world where women, girls, and people across the spectrum of gender non-conforming identities, realise their constitutional rights and freedoms to equality and non-discrimination. Our mission is to mobilise indigenous and other resources, to support movements and initiatives led by women, girls, and gender non-conforming persons, towards the realisation of their human rights. As a women’s fund, SAWF IN supports grassroots initiatives and organisations led by women and gender non-conforming persons, with financial and non-financial resources. We believe in their leadership and skills to find the most appropriate solutions to address the issues facing them. SAWF- IN’s role is to ensure that resources are made available and are reaching the most dispossessed women’s collectives, for the priorities they identify, and the claims they make.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position shall be responsible for implementing all financial operations of SAWF IN and ensuring statutory compliances are met in a timely and efficient manner.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.com. with 3 years of work experience in the finance department/ function of a non-profit; OR M.com/CA Inter with 2 years of work experience in the finance department/ function of a non-profit.
- Familiarity with Accounting Standards.
- Knowledge and experience of working on latest version of Tally.
- Experience in drafting and managing project as well as institutional budgets.
- Experience in managing audits, maintaining adherence to internal controls systems, procedures and timeline.
- High professional and personal integrity.
- Proactive and responsive, a self-starter
- Respectful to colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build cross functional relationships with the Programs teams.
- Familiarity with Government accounting and reporting requirements as well as ROC compliances.
- Familiarity with CSR guidelines.
- Discipline of working from home
- Availability of a PC/ Laptop and good quality broadband connectivity to work with a virtual team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Playing a pivotal role in leading the Finance and Accounts functioning including –
- Maintaining all financial and ROC records
- Adherence to financial reporting process
- Monitoring of cash flows closely
- Ensuring that income and expenditure statements are up to date
- Ensuring closing of books of accounts is seamless and all expenses are recognised as per applicable accounting standards
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and compliance of donor norms in financial matters.
Working with the Statutory Auditors and Company Secretary to ensure –
- Audit process is smooth, and concerns addressed sufficiently
- Form 10, 10B and/or 10BB, and the Income Tax Returns are filed well before the deadline
- Filing of ROC compliances happens in a timely and accurate manner
- Keep abreast of changes in financial and ROC regulations and legislation.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
Supporting the Grants Management function by –
- Maintaining regular and periodic review of grant allocation
- Monitoring grant utilisation by partners as per timeline
- Understand Reporting cycle of all Donors, their reporting requirement and timely
- Reporting as per time frame mentioned in the MOU/Grant Letter in consultation with programme staff
- Reconciling the grants information with the Programs team on quarterly basis
- Ensuring that FCRA books of accounts are maintained as per the prevalent rules and regulations and the returns are filed well before the due date
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc reports as required
- Working on ways to improve financial management systems based on the needs of the organisation.
- Assisting in drawing up contracts and agreements for consultants/ vendors/ service providers.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT:
This is a part-time position, 3 days a week. The candidate will be expected to start from April 2021. The selected candidate shall initially be placed on a 3 month probation. The contract maybe extended upon successful completion of the probation period.
REMUNERATION: INR 25,000 per month
Qualified women and trans candidates are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please send across your CV and the name of two references.
Deadline: 5th April, 2021.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.