Slam Out Loud envisions that “Every individual will have a voice that empowers them to change lives.” We use the transformative power of performance and visual arts to help build Creative Confidence (life) skills like communication, critical thinking and empathy in children from disadvantaged communities.
Slam Out Loud’s in-person programs reach 50,000 children across 950 villages and 4 Indian States. Through Arts for All, our program in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, that leverages the power of art and low-tech platforms, we have been able to create a footprint in 19 countries, reaching 4.7 million children.
Slam Out Loud (SOL) is seeking innovative and influential self-starters who are excited by the prospect of contributing to the cause of arts in education. As a Development Associate, your role will involve:
- Support designing and executing strategies to raise funds by strengthening the existing donor portfolio as well by building new partnerships
- Manage donor relationships in order to ensure renewals, upgrades and meaningful partnerships
- Generate donor-specific reports related to program and organizational aspects
Implementation and Stakeholder Management
- Support the Communications team to ensure all marketing collateral are up to date and effective
- Promote knowledge sharing amongst various teams and support the Fundraising team to work collaboratively and record all donor engagement and leads
Learning, Developing and Experimenting with SOLmates:
- Lead interns and other volunteers to ensure timely completion of processes such as keeping all proposals and documents up to date on the team site as well as smooth day-to-day operations
- As appropriate, participate in and lead program processes such as events, recruitment and other operations
- The position is a full-time role requiring a commitment of at least 1.5-2 years, based anywhere in India for now but willing to relocate by year end/ early next year, based on the COVID-19 situation. The role will require willingness to travel to different geographies as per need. The Development Associate should be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who enjoys taking ownership of expanding the organization at various levels through seeking and securing fundraising and other fruitful partnerships.
- Your role will involve managing, securing and nurturing relationships that will help in promoting and supporting performance and visual art-based projects to build Creative Confidence in children from disadvantaged communities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Mindsets, skills and knowledge:
- Exemplify Slam Out Loud’s core values: Awareness, Balance, Growth, Love, and Sense of Possibility
- Ability to organize, prioritize, track, and manage workflow and resources in order to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in the MS Office toolkit such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Ability to use data to drive decisions
- Ability to source new leads through research, take initiative and ownership to pursue them
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience
We believe that reaching our vision demands that we have the brightest group of leaders working to lead the movement of arts in education. Here are some preferred qualifications we look for:
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in relevant fields. Prior experience in business development and/or impact fundraising is an added bonus.
- Experience with any of the arts would be an added advantage
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the arts in education movement
- Space to bring your ideas into action in a culture that values purpose over process
- Engagement with a committed family of learners ( the children, artists and team), where we’re bold, professional yet playful, and audacious enough to stretch ourselves every now and then
- A work environment that invests into your personal and professional growth
Compensation: 3.6-4.5L per annum, commensurate with skill and experience
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.