Slam Out Loud envisions that “Every individual will have a voice that empowers them to change lives.” We use the transformative power of performance and visual arts to help build Creative Confidence (life) skills like communication, critical thinking and empathy in children from disadvantaged communities.
Slam Out Loud’s in-person programs reach 50,000 children across 950 villages and 4 Indian States. Through Arts for All, our program in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, that leverages the power of art and low-tech platforms, we have been able to create a footprint in 19 countries, reaching 4.7 million children.
Slam Out Loud (SOL) is seeking innovative and influential self-starters who are excited by the prospect of contributing to the cause of arts in education. As a Volunteer Experience Manager, your role will involve:
Meaningful Volunteer Engagement
- Recruit volunteers as suited to program requirements and work closely with them to identify their passions, strengths and motivations
- Map volunteer journeys in a way that helps them grow personally alongside contributing meaningfully
- Enable each volunteer to access the resources and support they need to succeed in their work
- Genuinely contribute to each volunteer’s personal development and growth through regular check-ins, seeking constant feedback on their experience and enrich it
Community Building and Nurturing
- Build the volunteer community, create peer-learning opportunities, and ensure cross-sharing of progress and reflections with different teams
- Organize learning & upskilling opportunities for volunteers
- Build and manage processes, including relentless follow-up mechanisms, to ensure that the volunteers are engaged and contributing on a regular basis
Learning, Developing and Experimenting with SOLmates:
- Lead volunteers to ensure timely completion of processes as well as smooth day-to-day operations
- As appropriate, participate in and lead program processes such as events, recruitment of volunteers and other operations
- The position is a full-time role requiring a commitment of at least 1.5-2 years, based anywhere in India for now but willing to relocate by year end/ early next year, based on the COVID-19 situation. The role will require willingness to travel to different geographies as per need. The Volunteering Engagement Manager should be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who enjoys building and nurturing relationships with a diverse set of people, and is eager to self- start projects that can ensure meaningful volunteer engagement.
- Your role will involve high energy conversations and require extraordinarily good interpersonal skills to engage volunteers that help promote and support performance and visual art-based projects to build Creative Confidence in children from disadvantaged communities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Mindsets, skills and knowledge:
- Exemplify Slam Out Loud’s core values: Awareness, Balance, Growth, Love, and Sense of Possibility
- Ability to build, nurture and sustain relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders (children, artists, donors, funders, prospective and existing volunteers)
- Excellent articulation skills
- High energy, thrives on relationships and has an ability to read and understand people’s emotions really well
- Enjoys meeting and talking to people and feels capable of having >6 hours of conversations every day
- Proficiency in the MS Office toolkit such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word Excellent presentation and writing skills
Education and Experience
We believe that reaching our vision demands that we have the brightest group of leaders working to lead the movement of arts in education. Here are some preferred qualifications we look for:
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in relevant fields
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the arts in education movement
- Space to bring your ideas into action in a culture that values purpose over process
- Engagement with a committed family of learners ( the children, artists and team), where we’re bold, professional yet playful, and audacious enough to stretch ourselves every now and then
- A work environment that invests into your personal and professional growth
Compensation: 4.5-7.5L per annum, commensurate with skill and experience
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.