Slam Out Loud envisions that “Every individual will have a voice that empowers them to change lives.” We use the transformative power of performance and visual arts to help build Creative Confidence (life) skills like communication, critical thinking and empathy in children from disadvantaged communities.
Slam Out Loud’s in-person programs reach 50,000 children across 950 villages and 4 Indian States. Through Arts for All, our program in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, that leverages the power of art and low-tech platforms, we have been able to create a footprint in 19 countries, reaching 4.7 million children.
Slam Out Loud (SOL) is seeking innovative and influential self-starters who are excited by the prospect of contributing to the cause of arts in education. As a Partnerships Manager, your role will involve:
- Identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails along with proactively developing a pipeline to record current and potential partners
- Research potential partners, and collaborate with senior management to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management for community, sub-national, national and global partners
- Nurture partner relationships in a way that exemplifies SOL’s core values
- Oversee and organize events that include, but are not limited to, partner check-ins, annual feedback meetings
- Prepare funding applications, proposals, presentations, and pitches that amplify the work and vision at SOL
- Implement high‐level cultivation and recognition strategies that strengthen relationships with current Partners in order to create sustainability streams for SOL
- Initiate and source leads to enable strong corporate-social partnerships with local, national, and international companies
- Build a strong system that leverages team networks to participate in philanthropy development
Learning, Developing and Experimenting with SOLmates:
- Lead interns and volunteers to ensure timely completion of processes as well as smooth day-to-day operations across the Partnerships and Business Development vertical
- As appropriate, participate in and lead program processes such as events, recruitment of interns/volunteers and other operations
- The position is a full-time role requiring a commitment of at least 1.5-2 years, based anywhere in India for now but willing to relocate by year end/ early next year, based on the COVID-19 situation. The role will require willingness to travel to different geographies as per need. The Partnerships Manager should be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who enjoys building and nurturing relationships with a diverse range of partners, and can proactively support a diverse range of tasks that lead to strategic fund development at SOL.
- Your role will involve engaging with diverse sub-national, national and global partners that will help promote and support performance and visual art-based projects to build Creative Confidence in children from disadvantaged communities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Mindsets, skills and knowledge:
- Exemplify Slam Out Loud’s core values: Awareness, Balance, Growth, Love, and Sense of Possibility
- Ability to build, nurture and sustain relationships with a diverse set of partners (funders, donors, non-profits, Ed-tech companies and more)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, track, and manage workflow and resources in order to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Ability to write and deliver proposals, grant applications for corporations, institutions and foundations
- Proficiency in the MS Office toolkit such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strategic thinker
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience
We believe that reaching our vision demands that we have the brightest group of leaders working to lead the movement of arts in education. Here are some preferred qualifications we look for:
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in relevant fields. Prior experience in business development and/or partner management is an added bonus
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the arts in education movement
- Space to bring your ideas into action in a culture that values purpose over process
- Engagement with a committed family of learners ( the children, artists and team), where we’re bold, professional yet playful, and audacious enough to stretch ourselves every now and then
- A work environment that invests into your personal and professional growth
Compensation: 4.5-7.5L per annum, commensurate with skill and experience
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.