Website Springer Nature
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: group.springernature.com and follow @SpringerNature
Springer Nature Technology and Publishing Solutions, is the technology and publishing solutions arm of the Springer Nature Group. We leverage our insight in the publishing domain and acquire, produce and deliver content across media and markets using our Technology and Publishing Solutions. With a focus on technology driven solutions and deep insight in the publishing domain, Springer Nature Technology and Publishing Solutions offers a range of services that help our Group brand acquire, produce and deliver content in the most efficient ways possible. We are ISO 9001 certified, driven by over 1000 professionals in Technology, Research & Analysis and Marketing shared services.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of merit alone, without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Brief About Business Unit –
Manuscript Services belongs to the Publishing Solutions vertical and consists of highly educated Subject Matter Experts in various fields of Science. All team members have studied their subject field up to Masters level and know what is going on in Science.
Transfer Desk: Team analyses transferred manuscripts and provides assistance to authors to find a suitable journal within Springer Nature
Job Title – Trainer
Years Of Experience – Minimum 18 Months
Team – Manuscript Services – Transfer Desk
Job Location – Tower 9, Magarpatta City, Pune (Working in Hybrid Model)
Educational Qualification – Post Graduate in any discipline.
- Should have completed 18 months in the Transfer desk team as on 1st August 2022
- Should be able to resolve/assist with queries from all clusters
- Quality targets should be met for the last 3 months (May’22-July’22)
- Strong process & systems knowledge is a must
- Should have excellent communication & presentation skills – for interactions with Sr. Submission Editors and Journal Editors
- Suggested/Implemented Process improvements initiatives/Kaizen (desirable)
- Trainers are expected to handle manuscripts to stay well-informed on the process and new developments
Key Responsibilities –
- Resolve process related technical issues and interact with Sr. Submission Editors on key issues/topics, on need basis
- Conduct trainings for new joiners and refresher sessions for team members as and when required
- Conduct process knowledge tests
- Perform quality checks based on sampling plan for trainee subject matter experts as well as ESAs
- Prepare and publish training status update reports
- Consolidate information from all trainee subject matter experts and prepare daily, weekly & monthly reports
- Coaching and feedback to subject matter experts to improve their performance
- Handle Journal selection tasks regularly to be updated on the process
- Identify areas for improvement and work closely with production for continual process improvements
- Analyze quality scores of trainees and highlight performance issues to supervisors
- Assist leads in preparing and maintaining ISO documents
- Support in change management implementation, leading and driving quality improvements for small groups/teams
Day at work –
- The day for Team coaches begins with interactions with subject matter experts on updates/changes (if any) received from Springer colleagues
- Trainers update process related documents for any new updates or changes received
- They work on checking manuscripts processed by new team members, as applicable and give them relevant feedback
- They solve any process related issues occurred to the subject matter experts in live environment
- Trainers collect data on difficult manuscripts for further discussion with Sr. Submission Editors
At Springer Nature we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.