TARSHI (Talking About Reproductive and Sexual Health Issues) is a non-profit organisation established in 1996 and based in New Delhi. Guided by the vision that all people have the right to sexual well-being and to an enjoyable and self-affirming sexuality, they work towards expanding sexual and reproductive choices in people’s lives. TARSHI’s programmes address people, of all ages, communities, classes and sexual preferences, with a focus on women and young people and their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
TARSHI’s work includes strengthening capacities of practitioners in the field through trainings on the interlinkages between rights, sexuality and reproductive health; providing much-needed and valued sexuality information to people of all ages through publications and public education; sensitizing service providers as well as the general public to sexual and reproductive rights and burnout prevention and stress management. TARSHI is currently (2019-2025) also working towards expanding Safe, Inclusive, Self-Affirming or SISA spaces that offer non-judgmental, rights-based and self-affirming environments, where people can feel safe and free from fear to talk about, learn about and/or experience their sexuality and sexual well-being.
The Programme Associate will be part of the team responsible for the editing, proofreading and curation of content and writing monthly theme blurbs for In Plainspeak, in addition to content development and designing for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and furthering the development of programmes in keeping with TARSHI’s vision. They will work with the Programmes team in TARSHI and will report to the Programme Officer, Online Publication, Anisha Dutt.
- First round of screening and editing articles from contributors
- Updating the WordPress platform (plugins, themes, widgets) as and when required
- Planning, conceptualising and coordinating with contributors for our fortnightly online magazine In Plainspeak and other online and offline communications
- Building SEO strategy, keyword research and analysis and stay updated with latest SEO guidelines. Analyse and improve existing onsite SEO as per the standard practices
- Support in all activities leading to publication – soliciting, curating, proofing and editing content, including writing monthly theme blurbs
- Coordinating with volunteers and other members of the In Plainspeak editorial team
- Content development and designing for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Thinking and communicating strategically about new content needed in order to tell TARSHI’s story, its impact and vision for the future.
- Assisting in developing publications and/or public education material like online courses or pamphlets/booklets
- Working with Google and Social Media analytics, and assisting with providing the team with an analytical report at the end of every month
- Ensuring effective reporting of programmes
- Participating in networks on issues of sexuality, sexual rights and women’s rights
- Representing the organisation at diverse fora
- Furthering the development of programmes in keeping with TARSHI’s vision
The Programme Associate Will Also Be Required To:
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Multi-task, organise, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Pay attention to detail
- Display keen intellectual and analytical abilities
- Show initiative, creativity and responsibility
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Be open to learning and find time to improve on knowledge and skills
- Display an ability to keep and maintain boundaries and confidentiality
- Approach their work with professionalism
- Respect diversities of staff and people they meet in the course of their work
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience on issues of sexuality and reproductive health
- A postgraduate degree in social sciences and/or media and communications
- A conceptual grasp of gender, sexuality, feminism and human rights issues
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and a working knowledge of Hindi
- A good understanding of WordPress, and willingness to stay up-to-date with its latest developments
- Working knowledge of how to upload articles, media, etc, and how to create pages/posts to schedule and share
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding and SEO content, is an added advantage; alternatively being willing to learn basic coding from team members if required
Additional Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience scripting or editing stories
- Audio editing skills and knowledge of Adobe Audition and/or Audacity software
- Working knowledge of newsletter mailing platforms, or willingness to learn on the job
- Knowledge of photo/video editing software & illustration/design skills are highly desirable
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an added advantage
THIS FULL-TIME POSITION WILL BE BASED IN NEW DELHI, INDIA
TARSHI is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory practices. TARSHI’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of their actual or perceived age, gender, caste, class, disability, HIV or other health status, marital status, religion or sexual preference.
Salary : INR 30,000 – 33,000 per month, based on experience and qualifications.
Email them at email@example.com with the following:
- Your latest CV
- Salary Expectations/ Last Drawn Salary
- Any other written and/or audio-visual samples of your work that are relevant to the profile.
Shortlisted candidates will be mailed a writing assignment following which they may be invited for interviews should they be further shortlisted.
Please mention the job title in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
CLOSING DATE: 10 September 2021, or until the position is filled.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.