Website The Prajnya Trust
Prajnya, a not-for-profit working in the space of gender equality and peace education, is looking for a dynamic person with a proven/emerging portfolio of diverse skill sets to help it in executing and scaling up its programmes.
Programmes & Operations
- Support the execution of projects and programmes/events from start to finish;
- Plan and oversee the hosting of ‘The Prajnya Gender Talks’ seminar series every month;
- Coordinate with partner organisations; undertake event management, oversee logistics and coordinate with vendors, as and when required;
- Manage interns and volunteers;
- Support fundraising, as and when required;
- Act as focal point for internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote Prajnya programmes and events;
- Create content (text and video) for social media channels such as (and not restricted to) YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Support developing newsletters & annual report;
- Manage posts and blogs and maintain proactive presence on the organisation’s social media channels.
- Develop new leads, and follow-up on existing leads for gender-related and peace education training;
- Coordinate scheduling, logistics and other support for training;
- Help plan new training modules.
- A graduate/postgraduate with a degree in any discipline;
- A person with some knowledge of, interest in and commitment to gender and human rights issues;
- A person with previous work experience (1-2 years) of working in the non-profit sector and managing small projects;
- A person with basic design skills (using Canva/PowerPoint etc.);
- A person who is looking for meaningful work that makes a difference.
Experience in proposal, report writing, creating and editing videos are a bonus!
- Have a strong work ethic and the energy for work-sprints;
- Are self-motivated and able to stay connected with a team in multiple locations;
- Can work with discipline and focus whether from home or the office, independently or in collaboration;
- Have excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English and Tamil;
- Enjoy interacting with people;
- Can demonstrate leadership skills;
- Are punctual, patient, systematic, meticulous, and persistent;
- Are willing to learn and grow with us;
- Have a sense of humour.
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted only over email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be submitted by March 18, 2021. Only complete applications will be considered, and they must include:
- A cover letter of no more than one page (one side), stating why you are interested in this position and how it will serve your career goals.
- Your c.v., and a list of three references and their contact information.
- A writing sample of no more than 500 words
Remuneration: INR 20,000 – 30,000.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.