Website The Queer Muslim Project
The Queer Muslim Project is South Asia’s largest virtual network of queer, Muslim and allied individuals, with a growing global community of over 29K people and counting. We use digital advocacy, storytelling and visual arts to create avenues for young people from underserved communities to express themselves, build community and forge creative collaborations.
Why Work With Us?
- Impact: You will have the opportunity to build a social media strategy & execution plan for an organization that creates impact for a community that needs representation and safe spaces.
- Learnings: You will have the opportunity to work with cross functional teams and leaders.
- Development: You will be engaged in regular feedback that will help you grow professionally.
Social media strategy and Implementation:
- Manage social media campaigns and day to day activities
- Manage presence in social networking sites for The Queer Muslim Project
- Plan social media campaigns and manage overall social media calendar
Content creation for social media:
- Source and create content for
- monthly newsletter
- thequeermuslim.com (quarterly digital publication)
- our Instagram in the form of
- text-based posts
- captions for images we share on our feed
- Find organizations, forums, and creators to work with. Build a network where members feel that their relationship with TQMP is welcoming and safe.
- Respond to DMs, post comments and reply to social media posts with a 24hr TAT (turnaround time)
Social media monitoring:
- Track insights and develop benchmark metrics to measure the results of social media programs i.e. increase follower base in various social media channels
- Analyze and evaluate social media campaigns and strategies
- Report on effectiveness of campaigns
- Monitor trends in social media
- Monitor the activities of our ecosystem of organizations working on LGBTQIA+ rights, on social media
- Monitor social space for potential partnerships and conversations related to our work
- Understand how social media impacts search traffic
- Between 1-3 years of work experience in social media marketing/content creation/PR (public relations)
- Have to be a social media power user and have a proven background building a quality online following for a digital community
- Experience using social media analytics tools and the ability to tweak marketing strategies based on findings
- Writing, blogging and proofreading ability
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Basic design skills for text-based and video posts
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Great time management and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with social advertising platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Experience of managing website content
Send us your CV, design samples, and a cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: September 5th, 2021
Remuneration: INR 25,000-35,000 per month, based on experience and qualifications
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.