Website UN Women
Background UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. UN Women is implementing two programs under its unit Ending Violence Against Women (EVAW). The two programs are titled ‘COVID-19 and Ensuring Women’s Health, Wellness and Safety in Rural Spaces in the Tea Sector in Assam’ and ‘Gender-Responsive COVID-19 Recovery in India’. The programs envision to reduce the disproportionate gender-based risks and negative impact of COVID-19 on women, including those who are the most marginalized and in particularly vulnerable situations. In this context, the EVAW unit seeks to hire a consultant to support the event management and communications support work related to both the projects. The broader objective of the role is to provide support during key events of the EVAW unit and support in documenting and finalizing impact stories from the programme implementation states. Under the guidance and supervision of the EVAW Programme Specialist, UN WOMEN, the Consultant will undertake the following key tasks and other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Duties And Responsibilities : The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Support in Event management for key events of EVAW Unit:
- Developing Conference/workshop agenda action plan and design theme;
- Manage the pre-conference/workshop registration process and liaison for the participants, and compile a confirmed registration list of participants, speakers, and special guests in close consultation with EVAW Unit;
- Work closely with the team for developing collaterals for the workshop, conference and events;
- Process documentation for events and workshop;
- Other general logistical arrangements and event management.
Support In Communications For EVAW Unit
- Document impact stories from partners in case study and blog format;
- Travel to select states to document work of partner implementation;
- Develop content from program implementation outputs from UNW website and social media;
- Support in developing PPT for external facing audience for the Unit;
- Support in editing and designing print ready documents for the Unit.
- Process documentation for the events.
- Event management support for EVAW unit events in states.
- Event management support for 16 days of activism.
- Approved and finalized impact stories for partner organization and beneficiaries.
- Approved and finalized print ready PPTs and knowledge products from the EVAW Unit.
Competencies Integrity Core Values / Guiding Principles:
- Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Cultural Sensitivity And Valuing Diversity
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics And Values Core Competencies:
- Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Work In Teams
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communicating And Information Sharing
- Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
Self-management And Emotional Intelligence
- Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behaviour towards others.
- Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
Continuous Learning And Knowledge Sharing
- Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Focuses on impact and result for the partners and responds positively to feedback.
Education : Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’s in gender studies/development studies/social sciences/international relations.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working on projects related to development issues, including gender issues
- Experience of working in the similar assignments is preferable
- Experience of working in the development sector, desirable.
- Experience of working with UN agencies, international organization is desirable
- Proficiency in English and a good command on Hindi as a medium of communication.
Application : Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications in one single PDF document:
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment, please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Evaluation and Selection Criteria:
Criteria for shortlisting of CVs will be based on the following assessment:
- Required Degree and Qualification (5 points)
- Minimum Experience relevant to the assignment (15 points)
The evaluation process for selection of the candidate will be based on the following assessment:
- Interviews – 80 Points
- Writing Samples Evaluation – 20 Points
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
Note : In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality, and the Empowerment of Women.
The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact.
It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.