- Master’s degree in social sciences/ Social Work /Gender Studies/Public Administration/Policy/law or related fields.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in project design, implementation, management, monitoring especially in the areas of women’s economic empowerment and intersections of violence against women.
- At least 3 or more years of experience working in the textile supply chain is desirable (candidates with this expertise and experience would have preference over others).
- In-depth understanding of hiring workers in the textile supply chain, with a focus on women workers.
- Knowledge of procurement processes in the textile industry at the factory and global brands level.
- Experience in engaging or having worked for/with international apparel brands.
- Substantial relevant experience and expertise in managing multi stakeholder/partners projects preferably in textile supply chains.
- Substantial relevant expertise and experience in working with the private sector on gender mainstreaming in policies and initiatives beyond Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Experience in high quality documentation and reporting skills desirable.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- A working knowledge of Tamil language is desirable.
Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
Application Information: Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.