Website URJA Trust
About URJA Trust
URJA Trust is a Mumbai based grassroots non-profit NGO working with homeless young women (and in certain cases their children), between the ages of 18-30 years, who have been forced to leave their houses, or have chosen to leave their houses due to a variety of reasons including a desire to improve their circumstances and lead a life of their own choice, to escape poverty, violence (mental, physical, emotional, sexual), dysfunctional families, discrimination faced by them or their community.
URJA works to provide safe and empowering spaces to these women, where they can not only heal from the violence they have faced but also be empowered enough to move ahead to lead their lives with dignity and free of violence. Our interventions are aimed at their holistic development, focussing on their health and wellbeing (physical, mental, emotional and sexual), education and livelihood options, and ensuring their access to civil and political rights, and other social entitlements as the citizens of the country. In order to achieve this we believe that the transformation cannot be limited to individuals but needs to pervade into the system as well for a just, equitable and compassionate society where young women pursue their lives with freedom and dignity.
Purpose of this Position
The role of the Communications Specialist is to provide communications support and handle public relations, information output, and media relations, social media and fundraising efforts.
Time Commitment: Part-time (Upto 16 hours a week)
Reporting Resource: Program Manager
- Drive and propose new compelling content (research, source and develop story ideas)
- Write and produce communication materials such as features, interviews, blogs, newsletters, engage with media and press relations
- Manage URJA’s digital communications and social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).
- Liaise with internal teams within URJA, develop social media strategy, Standard Operating Procedure, roadmap, and calendar planning and be responsible for their overall rollout within the organization and with relevant partners.
- Create, edit, and publish daily engaging and creative social media & multimedia content.
- Support fundraising team in developing content, engaging with donor relations.
- Systematically measure impact, assess gaps and use tools to improve communication strategy.
For more information, please click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.